Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Exams - Please Limit Discussion to Exam-Related Topics > SoA > Modules 1-5
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Fill in a brief DW Simpson Registration Form
to be contacted when new jobs meet your criteria.

Old 01-20-2018, 05:01 PM
SOA

Default EOM2 Quick Questions

1. Can we insert equations into our Word document? In particular, I am planning to copy the equation given in the assignment to calculate the required return.

2. Throughout the assignment, they do not require us to determine any ranges or any external forces that can affect irf-US or risk free interest rate in the US and ERPUS or the US equity risk premium. Therefore, can we just use the values of these variables that are provided in the assignment, and mention that we are assuming these values provided are correct?
Old 01-21-2018, 02:49 PM
SOA

1. i don't think you need to write the equation because they tell you what it is in the prompt.

2. i remember only providing ranges for SSx and the other one Cex? or something.... This will obviously affect the ranges of the required return, so provide that range as well.

my word of advise for this EOM is literally get creative with the external forces and just do it. My solution looked nothing like the model solution and I MMR'd.

I probably sounded stoned while writing that EOM and I can't even recall what I was even trying to say.

I'm struggling on EOM 6 , but EOM 2 was just a nightmare in itself. I can recall staring at that prompt and the PDF readings for at least a good 20 hours, still not understanding what i was supposed to do.

good luck
Old 01-21-2018, 02:53 PM

Studying for EA-2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pkunforgivin View Post
1. i don't think you need to write the equation because they tell you what it is in the prompt.

2. i remember only providing ranges for SSx and the other one Cex? or something.... This will obviously affect the ranges of the required return, so provide that range as well.

my word of advise for this EOM is literally get creative with the external forces and just do it. My solution looked nothing like the model solution and I MMR'd.

I probably sounded stoned while writing that EOM and I can't even recall what I was even trying to say.

I'm struggling on EOM 6 , but EOM 2 was just a nightmare in itself. I can recall staring at that prompt and the PDF readings for at least a good 20 hours, still not understanding what i was supposed to do.

good luck
yeah, stoned is probably how i'd describe my module 2 write-up. it was the most confusing one, but i knew in my head that nobody is going to really understand this one and they just want you to be creative (i.e. they said you aren't expected to be a futurist), so knowing that by itself made it one of the easier ones after I got through reading it all a bunch of times.

I found modules 6 and 7 to be the hardest ones.
Spoiler:

Tags
eom2