Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Cyberchat > Sports
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Old 01-11-2017, 03:11 PM
CAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr T Non-Fan View Post
So, RNN?
A321 was doing his best.
Old 01-11-2017, 03:18 PM
SOA AAA

Maybe he's only seen the Utah rental version, so did not connect the reference.
DTNF's Résumé Advice: Have a good and interesting answer to every item on it for the interviews.
DTNF's Law of Job Offers: You not only have to qualify for the position, but you also have to be the best candidate available for the offer.
DTNF's Work Philosophy: I am actuary. Please insert data. -- Actuary Actuarying Rodriguez.
Twitches' Advice to Crazy Women: Please just go buy your 30 cats already.
Old 01-11-2017, 03:49 PM

College: Ohio State Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egghead View Post
I understand the doubts about Texas having a 25-1 shot. But they have some decent recruiting, and that new coach is a beast. Don't know that it will translate into any kind of legit championship chance, but I am very intrigued to see how quickly he can turn them around.
If he's the next Urban it will be year 2 when they make a run.
Old 01-11-2017, 03:57 PM
SOA AAA

Some OOC games of note:

http://www.fbschedules.com/2017/01/t...-forward-2017/

for the tl;dr:

FSU-'bama at Atlanta, GA
UMich-Fla at Arlington, TX
OU at tOSU
Aub at Clem
UGA at ND
NU at Oregon
Pitt at PSU
FAU at Wisconsin (?)
Texas at SoCal
Army-Navy at Philly (?)
DTNF's Résumé Advice: Have a good and interesting answer to every item on it for the interviews.
DTNF's Law of Job Offers: You not only have to qualify for the position, but you also have to be the best candidate available for the offer.
DTNF's Work Philosophy: I am actuary. Please insert data. -- Actuary Actuarying Rodriguez.
Old 01-11-2017, 04:04 PM
SOA AAA

Texas showing manliness with at USC, and home v Maryland and SJSU.
Old 01-11-2017, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Maybe he's only seen the Utah rental version, so did not connect the reference.
I probably didn't even see the VidAngel version. Sorry. I was just taken aback a bit by the statement, not thinking it was an R to be N'd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willel2338 View Post
Is it still Row The Boat! In the land of 10,000 lakes..

Plow The Snow?

Ski-U-Mah!

What a hire.. No longer content with letting the SEC get whomever they want by paying $4 million salaries to anyone and everyone, it would appear that the Big Ten is finally--and in a much smarter way--spending some of their B1G TV money procuring excellent coaches.

ETA: In the past two years, the B1G added Jim Harbaugh, James Franklin, Lovie Smith, Jeff Brohm, P.J. Fleck, D.J. Durkin, Mike Riley, Paul Chryst, Chris Ash.. to go along with Urban, Dantonio, Pat Fitzgerald. The only coach in the entire conference who might not be a great fit is IU and Tom Allen, and even he could be solid too. (I also think Iowa could maybe do better than Ferentz... but maybe not?) Maybe all those guys don't work out.. and some of them could ultimately leave for better jobs. For now, though, that looks to be a cadre of quality up-and-coming coaches in the same conference.)

Then again, here we are... January 8, 2017, and the championship game tomorrow still runs through the Southeast as it has in every season for the past 11 years save for 2014.
Kinda feel bad for those coaches. Some of them could put the best product their school has had in years and they will still be fired in 3-5 years because they will only make 1 or 2 bowl games in that time and never be close to competing for a B1G championship.
Old 01-11-2017, 06:23 PM
SOA

Favorite beer: lol beer ... ketel1 please....k thks

Quote:
Some OOC games of note:

http://www.fbschedules.com/2017/01/t...-forward-2017/

for the tl;dr:

FSU-'bama at Atlanta, GA
UMich-Fla at Arlington, TX
OU at tOSU
Aub at Clem
UGA at ND
NU at Oregon
Pitt at PSU
FAU at Wisconsin (?)
Texas at SoCal
Army-Navy at Philly (?)
also Oregon at Udub
Old 01-11-2017, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by win diesel View Post
also Oregon at Udub
Isn't that a conference game?

Washington? Wisconsin? Winnipeg?

Oh, wait. This is win d. So you are talking about the University of Wyoming. OK.

Sorry wind, that Udub doesn't qualify as a game of note for a P5 team yet. But with the fall Oregon took last year, not sure they should qualify as a P5 team either.
Old 01-11-2017, 06:34 PM
SOA

Favorite beer: lol beer ... ketel1 please....k thks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actuary321 View Post

Oh, wait. This is win d. So you are talking about the University of Wyoming. OK.

Sorry wind, that Udub doesn't qualify as a game of note for a P5 team yet. But with the fall Oregon took last year, not sure they should qualify as a P5 team either.
Lol yup, building a Group of 5 Power, though it's a shame their great RB is going to NFL
Old 01-11-2017, 08:34 PM
CAS

Studying for 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actuary321 View Post

You can have a plummet one year and then be better the next year with a whole new staff, the old players, and a sketchy recruiting season right guys?... guys?...

In all seriousness the O-Line should be decent this year, Crosby comes back, Freeman comes back, and Carrington is back. True Freshman QB was good last year, hopefully will take some strides forward. I'm hoping for bowl eligibility and a better defense (getting worse would be pretty difficult at this point).