Actuarial Outpost
 
Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Cyberchat > Non-Actuarial Topics
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

DW Simpson Global Actuarial & Analytics Recruitment
Download our Actuarial Salary Survey
now with state-by-state salary information!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #21  
Old 10-11-2019, 03:50 PM
Hello, My Baby's Avatar
Hello, My Baby Hello, My Baby is offline
Member
CAS
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 2,654
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow View Post


OK now I need to read this thread.

http://www.actuarialoutpost.com/actu...d.php?t=310089
__________________
Your/Your

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helena Lake View Post
Yes, well, that's partially the result of my robust education. I was exposed to far more than a narrow money-making selection of classes. The influence of art, literature, and other liberal arts makes it easier for me to write coherently in a format significantly longer than 140 characters. Additionally, I am able to use colorful terms that illustrate my ideas, words that exceed two syllables in length, and even proper punctuation (most of the time).
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-11-2019, 05:41 PM
BlackPhillip BlackPhillip is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 1,063
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullinator View Post
Why do trolling posts get way more responses then the non trolling ones?
trolling incites increasing the likelihood of thread continuance.
non trolling tends to close the open avenues within the thread with answers.

good trolling and good trolls are instrumental in increasing the richness of a forum
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-11-2019, 06:19 PM
Helena Lake's Avatar
Helena Lake Helena Lake is offline
Member
SOA
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Studying for Nothing ever again!
Favorite beer: Whisky
Posts: 7,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbug View Post
THIS

When you say something controversial, of course people are going to want to fight you. When you say something everyone just nods along with, there's not a ton to say about it.
Controversial doesn't mean trolling, though.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieSanders2016 View Post
I don't think calling beliefs absurd and bullshit is criticism, it's insulting.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-11-2019, 06:20 PM
Helena Lake's Avatar
Helena Lake Helena Lake is offline
Member
SOA
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Studying for Nothing ever again!
Favorite beer: Whisky
Posts: 7,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow View Post


OK now I need to read this thread.
Me too...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieSanders2016 View Post
I don't think calling beliefs absurd and bullshit is criticism, it's insulting.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-11-2019, 06:23 PM
GargoyleWaiting's Avatar
GargoyleWaiting GargoyleWaiting is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Favorite beer: the closest one
Posts: 7,301
Default

Now I know y'all be loving this shit right here
L.I.M.P Bizkit is right here
People in the house put them hands in the air
Cause if you don't care
Then we don't care
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFActuary View Post
But the mosquitoes in New Brunswick Bay of Fundy did mess with my understanding of some limited loss functions
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the North View Post
Excel gave me #VALUE.

Edit: Nevermind, I was linking a sumif and didn't open the linked spreadsheet. It is now giving me #N/A.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 10-14-2019, 02:41 PM
|B|rad |B|rad is offline
Member
CAS
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,073
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hello, My Baby View Post
No, plenty of others in the thread agree with me. The entire premise of your post was laughable.
This response has nothing to do with the post you quoted. Not sure if this is trolling or if you truly struggle with reading comprehension.

I have never disqualified anyone for how they answer the phone. I expect that to remain true for the rest of my life. So why would you purposely misrepresent me like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hello, My Baby View Post
Hey, how many people have you disqualified lately for answering the phone with "Hello?" during a phone interview?
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 10-14-2019, 03:01 PM
Jasper07734's Avatar
Jasper07734 Jasper07734 is online now
Member
Non-Actuary
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 6,807
Default

Because baiting JSAs is so easy because of how stoopid the fluoride has made them.
__________________
The revAOlution will be complete when the language is perfect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper07734 View Post
I was thinking [that the AO is] more like Pocket Pool: You think you're driving your point home hard, until you realize that you're really only busting your own balls
Quote:
Originally Posted by William F. Buckley, Jr.
Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.
Spoiler:
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 10-14-2019, 03:05 PM
|B|rad |B|rad is offline
Member
CAS
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,073
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper07734 View Post
Because baiting JSAs is so easy because of how stoopid the fluoride has made them.
In Rickson We Trust
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 10-15-2019, 12:54 PM
Hello, My Baby's Avatar
Hello, My Baby Hello, My Baby is offline
Member
CAS
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 2,654
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by |B|rad View Post
This response has nothing to do with the post you quoted. Not sure if this is trolling or if you truly struggle with reading comprehension.

I have never disqualified anyone for how they answer the phone. I expect that to remain true for the rest of my life. So why would you purposely misrepresent me like this:
Does "disqualified" versus "even considered it a negative at all" really even matter? I don't think it changes the message of my post at all. Your thread has not only been enshrined as one of the great classics in Careers for a reason, but illustrates why this field is the backwater that is.
__________________
Your/Your

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helena Lake View Post
Yes, well, that's partially the result of my robust education. I was exposed to far more than a narrow money-making selection of classes. The influence of art, literature, and other liberal arts makes it easier for me to write coherently in a format significantly longer than 140 characters. Additionally, I am able to use colorful terms that illustrate my ideas, words that exceed two syllables in length, and even proper punctuation (most of the time).
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
*PLEASE NOTE: Posts are not checked for accuracy, and do not
represent the views of the Actuarial Outpost or its sponsors.
Page generated in 0.22465 seconds with 11 queries