Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Software & Technology
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Old 09-12-2016, 12:57 PM
CAS

Mei is bae
Old 09-13-2016, 11:23 AM
SOA

Bought it last night.

Fun game, want to play it more. Tried Mei out more last night and she is pretty fun. Haven't gotten the hang of the ice wall yet though.

Had a couple boss Reaper games last night where I did a good job flanking and keeping my engagements to my advantage to rack up a good spree. Zarya also seems really strong from the couple games I've played with her.
Old 09-13-2016, 04:31 PM
SOA

Debating if I should try to get good at Tracer. Generally isn't my strong suite since as a long time console CoD player, someone like McCree/Soldier 76 probably fits that bill a bit better, as I relied more on positioning and map knowledge than making crazy plays. Even in League of Legends, I typically played the support / tankier style champs than the hyper mobile fast champions. Someone like Roadhog or Zarya feels up my alley as champions I would be best at overall. Should be fun exploring the different playstyles before diving into competitive later on.
Old 09-14-2016, 08:22 AM
SOA

A good tracer or genji can certainly be a very effective unless the other team is coordinated enough to work together, even then they still have to be dealt with efficiently or the rest of your team will walk over their front line while you're poking.

I feel like McCree would be hard on console, since you can't really flick aim shots. I'm practicing him a lot these days but I'm on PC.

Zen is quite strong as he basically does solid damage, some healing, and has a really good defensive ultimate.
Old 09-19-2016, 10:56 AM
SOA

Got to level 25 over weekend and placed at 2450 in ranked after going 5-5. Currently about 2500 I think. Don't have a good grasp on their ranking system yet, but assuming that is kind of middle of the pack? Not sure.
Old 09-19-2016, 01:48 PM
SOA

You can look up masteroverwatch and overbuff to check out some statistics. I've only used them to look at PC ranks, so you might have to investigate. I had heard at least one of the two was opt-in only, so this should impact the rank data due to the lower-est ranks not signing up.

For PC, it seemed a week or so ago that the average rank was actually closer to 1800. There don't seem to be any official statistics from Blizzard.
Old 09-19-2016, 02:17 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merckinator View Post
You can look up masteroverwatch and overbuff to check out some statistics. I've only used them to look at PC ranks, so you might have to investigate. I had heard at least one of the two was opt-in only, so this should impact the rank data due to the lower-est ranks not signing up.

For PC, it seemed a week or so ago that the average rank was actually closer to 1800. There don't seem to be any official statistics from Blizzard.
Hmm yeah, I'll check it out. I consider myself an above average gamer, just wasn't sure right out of the gate where 2500 was. You are right that it is probably higher than overall average.
Old 09-19-2016, 03:21 PM
CAS

I'm silver
Old 09-19-2016, 03:26 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by redearedslider View Post
I'm silver
I didn't even realize how the numbers matched up with tiers. After looking it up, 2450-2500 is on the border of gold and platinum.
Old 09-19-2016, 03:30 PM
CAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancran1220 View Post
I didn't even realize how the numbers matched up with tiers. After looking it up, 2450-2500 is on the border of gold and platinum.
FWIW I went 3/7 in placements so the 2 win difference equated to something like 1000 ranking points.