Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Software & Technology
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Old 12-12-2016, 04:47 PM

Favorite beer: Yes, Please

Hovering around 2300 (bouncing between 2250 and 2350). Mostly Soldier with a Reinhardt/D.Va when team refuses to tank up.

Reinhardt+D.Va+Mercy+Lucio with a couple offensive players seems like a great lineup from games I've been in. Sometimes it's just evident when you have a great player though. Had a platinum guy paired with a silver friend in one of my matches last night, and he was dominating with Tracer.
Old 12-13-2016, 07:55 AM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancran1220 View Post
Went with gold gun for Solider 76 other day. Still around 2800 on Xbox One.

D'va needs a nerf to how long she can block projectiles after how big her health buff was IMO. IDK how she is on PC, but she can duel almost anyone right now and it is infuriating.
She is top tier on PC too imo. Not necessarily a must-pick, but certainly tier 1. I've started picking her sometimes, whereas before the buff I'd only played her like twice lol.
Old 12-13-2016, 08:06 AM

Studying for life
Favorite beer: Six Point Resin

I've been playing Mystery Heroes primarily. I like not knowing who I'll be next, and I like that everyone is forced to play characters they aren't necessarily comfortable with.
Retracted below.
Old 12-13-2016, 10:21 AM
CAS AAA

Favorite beer: Hefewizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydraskull View Post
I've been playing Mystery Heroes primarily. I like not knowing who I'll be next, and I like that everyone is forced to play characters they aren't necessarily comfortable with.
My favorite arcade mode. It really useful in learning the other characters.
Old 12-14-2016, 07:46 AM

Studying for life
Favorite beer: Six Point Resin

Spent $40 on loot boxes for the Christmas Event. Got most of the new skins. Still need Tracer and Roadhog.
Retracted below.
Old 12-14-2016, 08:16 AM
SOA

Roadhog one looks pretty awesome. I'm also excited about Torb's.
Old 12-14-2016, 11:09 AM
SOA

My first loot box got me the Tracer skin which is fun since I use her a good bit. Hopefully able to get one or two more through the event! Symmetra in literally every game last night, offense or defense Everyone wanted to try her out.
Old 12-19-2016, 01:19 PM
SOA

Made sure to get all my arcade bonus winter lootboxes and paid off. Got Mei, Sombra, and Tracer winter skins so far. Unfortunately ranked didn't treat me too nicely and went from low 2900s to mid 2500s over last couple days. Think I've stabilized a bit in low 2600s right now. Diamond will be tough!
Old 12-20-2016, 08:11 AM
SOA

I was pretty happy I got the Torb santa skin from a lootbox the other day. I'd really like the Roadhog skin and the yeti skin for monkey now. Near the end of the event I'll probably buy whichever skin is the best one that I don't wind up getting from boxes.

Last season I was hovering around 2100, but got placed at just over 1600 this season :/. First 6 placements went 4-2, but I had several super close matches with extra rounds and such for the last 4 placements. Wound up with a 5-5 record; Couldn't clutch those close matches, unfortunately. At least I can do well there individually with ease; I averaged about 32-7 (K-D) on soldier through those placement matches.

My friends are encouraging me to learn Zarya. I played 4 games with her last night, bringing me up to a total of 5 games played with her lol. She's a little nuanced and a different style, but it seems to fit my playstyle fairly well. Hope I can git gud with her!
Old 12-20-2016, 10:23 AM

Favorite beer: Yes, Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancran1220 View Post
Made sure to get all my arcade bonus winter lootboxes and paid off. Got Mei, Sombra, and Tracer winter skins so far. Unfortunately ranked didn't treat me too nicely and went from low 2900s to mid 2500s over last couple days. Think I've stabilized a bit in low 2600s right now. Diamond will be tough!
Oof, yeah, I had a bad weekend. Got up to 2550 Friday night before a crater Saturday night down to 2300.