Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Software & Technology
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Old 05-17-2016, 10:47 AM
CAS

Studying for Jazz Piano
Favorite beer: Founders Dirty Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealsylvos View Post
What deck are you running? I started last month, bought naxx before it left. I got to level 10 in my first season with zoolock. Only needs like a thousand dust.
yup, I used zoo to get to legend this month, granted my version is a bit slicker with Leeroy/stuff from the adventures, but the core of the deck can get you a long way if you're interested in getting to rank 5 or above and is quite cheap from a dust perspective.

if you prefer to experiment rather than use a specific deck that's fine too, just depends on what your goals are.
Old 05-17-2016, 10:50 AM
CAS

Anyway so I don't play a lot, I lost the patience to ladder this season. II'll play here and there. This weeks Tavern brawl was a lot of fun.

The first legendary I opened in a pack was alexstraza, so I dusted a whole bunch of other stuff and built standard freeze mage. In wild I still run zoolock.
Old 05-17-2016, 10:55 AM
CAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by OddSox View Post
yup, I used zoo to get to legend this month, granted my version is a bit slicker with Leeroy/stuff from the adventures, but the core of the deck can get you a long way if you're interested in getting to rank 5 or above and is quite cheap from a dust perspective.

if you prefer to experiment rather than use a specific deck that's fine too, just depends on what your goals are.
Nice

Mind posting your list? The second legendary I opened just last week was leeroy jenkins. I knew he'd fit into the deck, but I haven't looked closely at what to cut. One of the doomguards? Sea giant?
Old 05-17-2016, 11:06 AM
CAS

Studying for Jazz Piano

here's the zoo write-up

List:

2x Forbidden Ritual
2x Power Overwhelming
2x Soulfire
2x Abusive Sergeant
2x Argent Squire
1x Flame Imp
2x Possessed Villager
2x Voidwalker
2x Dark Peddler
2x Dire Wolf Alpha
2x Knife Juggler
2x Darkshire Councilman
2x Imp Gang Boss
1x Hellfire
2x Defender of Argus
1x Leeroy Jenkins
1x Sea Giant

Hellfire is a choice you won't see much but I like it for the 3 face damage from hand and for occasionally wrecking other aggro decks. personal preference choice there though, you could run Dark Iron Dwarf or another Flame Imp if that's more your speed.

soulfire/doomguards are kind of either/or imo, feels awful when you have both in hand. I like soulfire right now because there are a lot of good board clears and you won't always have a target for PO, also sometimes you face a big taunt.

doomguards are a good Leeroy alternative too but I like the consistency of Leeroy+PO+soulfire as a finisher. some lists will also run double sea giant, obviously good against other flood decks.

flame imp is a one-of because the three damage is awkward against some decks and it's your most fragile one drop (besides abusive, but the battlecry is ridiculous on that so it's mandatory two-of).
Old 05-17-2016, 11:22 AM
CAS

Nice thanks. This is standard right? That's why you don't run bran?
Old 05-17-2016, 11:34 AM
CAS

Studying for Jazz Piano

Quote:
Nice thanks. This is standard right? That's why you don't run bran?
it is Standard, Brann is legal in Standard though. imo he's worse than your other 3-drops (IGB, Councilman) and five 3-drops might be too many. debatable for sure though, depends on the specifics of your list.
Old 05-17-2016, 11:35 AM

Quote:
What deck are you running? I started last month, bought naxx before it left. I got to level 10 in my first season with zoolock. Only needs like a thousand dust.
I have three basic ones. I run a Reno Jackson Hunter deck with a bunch of Beasts. Then I have two mostly Murloc decks, one built around Anyfin Can Happen and one around Everyfin Is Awesome.

I'm currently tweaking a Warrior deck that is built around equipping weapons, but I'm not sure it can work.
Old 05-24-2016, 09:35 PM

The description of the power of Molten Giant is terribly misleading. It says, "Costs one less for each damage your hero has taken," when what it really means is, "Costs one less for every life below 30 your hero currently has."

In other words, you should probably play this card BEFORE you play Reno Jackson.

Old 05-25-2016, 10:04 AM
CAS

Studying for Jazz Piano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicycle Repair Man View Post
The description of the power of Molten Giant is terribly misleading. It says, "Costs one less for each damage your hero has taken," when what it really means is, "Costs one less for every life below 30 your hero currently has."

In other words, you should probably play this card BEFORE you play Reno Jackson.

lol yeah. Molten is such a terrible card now, don't understand why they nerfed it so hard honestly.

there are quite a few cards that have pretty bad or incomplete descriptions. Shadow Madness is pretty egregiously incomplete for example - the minion you control gets charge, but good luck finding that important bit on the card.
Old 05-25-2016, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OddSox View Post
lol yeah. Molten is such a terrible card now, don't understand why they nerfed it so hard honestly.
I'm actually loving it in my Warlock Reno Jackson deck. I just sit back and draw cards and take damage while they're using up all their cards, then just when they think they're about to win, BAM Reno saves the day and I'm back to full health ready to use all my uber combos to take control of the board while they're topdecking. If I happen to have Molten Giant in my hand, even better, now that I know how to properly use it.