Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > General Actuarial
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Search Actuarial Jobs by State @ DWSimpson.com:
AL AK AR AZ CA CO CT DE FL GA HI ID IL IN IA KS KY LA
ME MD MA MI MN MS MO MT NE NH NJ NM NY NV NC ND
OH OK OR PA RI SC SD TN TX UT VT VA WA WV WI WY

General Actuarial Non-Specific Actuarial Topics - Before posting a thread, please browse over our other sections to see if there is a better fit, such as Careers - Employment, Actuarial Science Universities Forum or any of our other 100+ forums.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-13-2016, 06:20 PM
Carol Marler
Non-Actuary

Studying for Nothing actuarial.

The link works for me. . .
Excerpts:
See your point status for 2016 on MySOA later this year.
Earn points in 2016 through member participation, such as by volunteering, attending events and more.

FAQ
1. What is this program and why was it created? The SOA created the Member Recognition program to acknowledge the ongoing efforts of our members. This program is another way to recognize your member participation and volunteer efforts that advance the actuarial profession. We developed the recognition point system based on multiple years of data on member involvement.
2. How can I earn points?
You can earn points in one or more areas of involvement: volunteerism, professional interest section participation, continuing professional development, and accessing SOA information (including completion of directory information). Your points are tracked on a calendar year basis.
3. Who is eligible for a gift?
Members who have reached a minimum threshold of 23.5 points or above are eligible for a gift.
4. Is there a limited time to redeem gifts?
Yes, 2015 gifts must be redeemed by July 1, 2016. Click the link in the email you received to redeem your gift.
5. Do gifts change each year?
Each year the SOA plans to have different types of gifts available through this member recognition program.
6. Why are you spending SOA resources on gifts for members?
The SOA appreciates member participation and we want to acknowledge our membersí ongoing participation and volunteer efforts that advance the actuarial profession. If you do not wish to redeem a gift, you can choose to have the SOA make a donation to the Actuarial Foundation.
7. How can I earn points?
You can earn points in many different ways, including: participate in SOA activities; volunteer on projects or committees (research, education, etc.); join a section and get involved; attend an SOA meeting, event or webcast; make sure your directory information is up-to-date and opt in to receive SOA emails.
8. How can I see how many points I have?
Your points for 2015 were included in the special email sent to you. We will send you another email later this year with a status of your 2016 points earned thus far. Towards the end of 2016 you will be able to view your points on your personal MySOA page.
9. I lost my email. How can I find my points and/or redeem my gift?
Contact us to request a copy of your email showing your points and gift eligibility. The special link for redeeming a gift is only for members within the set threshold (23.5 points or above).

Pluto is no longer a planet and I am no longer an actuary. Please take my opinions as non-actuarial.

My latest favorite quotes, updated Apr 5, 2018.

Spoiler:
I should keep these four permanently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rekrap View Post
JMO is right
Quote:
Originally Posted by campbell View Post
I agree with JMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westley View Post
And def agree w/ JMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG View Post
This. And everything else JMO wrote.
And this all purpose permanent quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr T Non-Fan View Post
Yup, it is always someone else's fault.
MORE:
All purpose response for careers forum:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorNo View Post
Depends upon the employer and the situation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sredni Vashtar View Post
I feel like ERM is 90% buzzwords, and that the underlying agenda is to make sure at least one of your Corporate Officers is not dumb.