Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Software & Technology
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Search Actuarial Jobs by State @ DWSimpson.com:
AL AK AR AZ CA CO CT DE FL GA HI ID IL IN IA KS KY LA
ME MD MA MI MN MS MO MT NE NH NJ NM NY NV NC ND
OH OK OR PA RI SC SD TN TX UT VT VA WA WV WI WY

Old 04-12-2019, 07:27 PM
SOA AAA

Studying for Nothing ever again!
Favorite beer: Whisky

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjc2142 View Post
One of the few rare games I progressed all the way to the ending. I suck at aiming and action games but this game and god of war are like must haves.
I still haven't got the new GoW, but it looks prety good. I loved all the other ones.

HZD was just as engaging and moving the second time through. And the third. I want more DLCs though. And the sequel. And I want it right now.
Old 04-16-2019, 10:08 AM

Sony announced some details on what will presumably be called PS5.
Fully backwards compatible with PS4 (this makes it a day one buy for me, because I had been toying with buying another PS4).
Showed a speed demo, where fast travel in Spider-Man took 15 seconds on PS4 Pro. Same thing took 0.8 seconds on new hardware.
Old 04-16-2019, 10:15 AM
CAS SOA AAA

Studying for Done, bois!
College: UConn
Favorite beer: Barq's or Mug, or any local Root Beer with caffeine

I second (or third or fourth) adding God of War to the must play list. My game of the year for 2018, with Spider-Man a close second.

All opinions are either my own, or made up for dramatic and/or comedic effect.

Old 04-16-2019, 03:38 PM

Feels so good to throw and recall that axe.
Old 04-17-2019, 02:25 PM
SOA

Studying for FAP Modules

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wizard of Awe View Post
Fully backwards compatible with PS4 (this makes it a day one buy for me, because I had been toying with buying another PS4).
Showed a speed demo, where fast travel in Spider-Man took 15 seconds on PS4 Pro. Same thing took 0.8 seconds on new hardware.
Not going to wait for the Microsoft announcements or further Stadia info?
Old 04-17-2019, 02:59 PM
CAS SOA AAA

Studying for Done, bois!
College: UConn
Favorite beer: Barq's or Mug, or any local Root Beer with caffeine

Quote:
More importantly, Shuhei Yoshida no longer hates us, and is allowing us to change our PSN names! I'm waiting for the dust to settle a bit, and then I'll be changing mine. I'll post here when it's done.

All opinions are either my own, or made up for dramatic and/or comedic effect.

Old 04-17-2019, 09:46 PM
It's a funny name.

I was watching some YouTube today about the new stuff in Rocket Pass 3. I appreciate that it's a silly thing to get excited about, but I AM a bit excited, and super choked that I'm out of town for work and won't be able to play any RL for another 48 hours.
Old 04-18-2019, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0EBL0W View Post
Not going to wait for the Microsoft announcements or further Stadia info?
I think Stadia will be dead by 2022, 2023 at the latest (and I don’t have 25+ Mbps anyways). No interest in MS, except that I hope they call it the Xbox DOS as a play on words.
They just announced a disc-less Xbox One S for $250. I already know they haven’t learned anything in six years, since at GameStop, I can get one with a disc drive and The Division 2 (or a few other game bundles) for $250. Who would pay the same for less value?
Old 04-18-2019, 12:57 PM
SOA

Studying for FAP Modules

Quote:
They just announced a disc-less Xbox One S for $250. I already know they havenít learned anything in six years, since at GameStop, I can get one with a disc drive and The Division 2 (or a few other game bundles) for $250. Who would pay the same for less value?
This diskless at $250 does sound like a mistake. However, until this its seemed like MS has been doing all of the right thing for the last couple of years.

You only have to look back to the PS3 to see how badly Sony messed up their console and how in the next generation they were able to completely fix it. So I'm not betting on either Sony or MS to be the best choice next generation yet.

Either way, who cares? PC will always be the best choice.
Old 04-18-2019, 01:42 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turd Ferguson View Post
I was watching some YouTube today about the new stuff in Rocket Pass 3. I appreciate that it's a silly thing to get excited about, but I AM a bit excited, and super choked that I'm out of town for work and won't be able to play any RL for another 48 hours.
Nice, yeah I got it yesterday. Last Rocket Pass I got to an unhealthy level, my stupid inventory is filled with random painted items I will probably never use Time to do it again with Rocket Pass 3

IMO the customization side of RL is getting too saturated though. They need better ways to organize inventories and recycle unwanted items and crates. OFC it will probably mean less people adding money to buy stuff, but at the same time I feel interest in future Rocket Passes will decline if they don't change something since people will just wait for the market to get saturated and trade for whatever they are interested in for cheap and short cut Psyonix anyway. IDK, Rocket League item trading is a strange world. I guess there is a significant portion of players that don't explore the item trading side at all though so Psyonix would still get decent income.

Tags
atari, data science, gaming pc, predictive analytics, ps3, ps4, real analysis = real men, switch, vita, wii, wii u, xbox 360, xbox one