Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Chat with the Candidates & Exam Committee
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Actuarial Jobs by State

New York  New Jersey  Connecticut  Massachusetts 
California  Florida  Texas  Illinois  Colorado

Chat with the Candidates & Exam Committee First Ballot Candidates are posted - Post questions to candidates here!

Old 08-01-2018, 02:22 PM
Mary Pat Campbell
SOA AAA

Studying for duolingo and coursera
Favorite beer: Murphy's Irish Stout

I received an email from John Robinson today (and I received earlier ones, too, but John had posted here, above in post 4) -- for convenience, I will copy over today's email & links

Here's his additional message:

Quote:
It's time to vote.
Dear Mary Pat

This is John Robinson, FSA 1994.

If you have already cast your petition ballot vote, you may delete this message.

This is my third and final request. Voting ends this Friday, August 3, and I Need Your Support!

In 2013, I was elected to the Society of Actuaries’ Board of Directors. This year, I am running as a petition candidate to be added to the ballot, to serve a second term as an Elected Board Member.

My 36-year actuarial career has taken me from pensions to life insurance to OPEB to insurance regulation. This breadth of experience means that I can handle any issue that confronts the Board.

I have a long record of volunteer service to the profession, including presidency of the International Association of Black Actuaries in particular, and for the cause of Diversity in the Actuarial Profession more generally. I have graded exams, given or moderated several presentations at actuarial meetings, and mentored hundreds of actuarial students over the years.

In addition to my volunteer work for the SOA, I currently serve on a committee of the American Academy of Actuaries, and I have volunteered for the Conference of Consulting Actuaries and Actuaries Without Borders. I have a unique reputation as a thought leader with a global perspective.

So, why should you vote for me? Please view my campaign video to learn more.

To cast your vote, check your inbox for an email from “SOA Petition Coordinator” sent to you on July 5, and follow the instructions provided. Click here to vote.

I ask for your support, and please encourage your colleagues to support me as well.

Thank you.

John W. Robinson FSA, FCA, MAAA
Here are the links in his message:
Campaign video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ys0...ature=youtu.be

Click here to vote: https://www.directvote.net/soavotepet/login.aspx

LinkedIn Profile
Old 08-09-2018, 03:44 PM
Mary Pat Campbell
SOA AAA

Studying for duolingo and coursera
Favorite beer: Murphy's Irish Stout

Two of the petition candidates got in: