Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Careers - Employment
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Old 06-26-2015, 04:40 PM
CAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Oveur View Post
Newsflash: Colleges also use other proxy variables than high school grades for this.

And high school is pretty freaking easy, but I'm going with "If you got bad grades in high school, you're probably not that smart".
*whine* But I'm smarter than the guy going to Yale. I would have gotten better grades than him if I had actually studied. I just like to have a social life. *whine*
Old 06-26-2015, 04:42 PM
CAS

I don't care if I'm making $16 an hour, and the rest of my life is gonna be shit.
At least I got to date the hot 16 year old and get piss-drunk off Miller Lite while I was in high school.
Old 06-26-2015, 04:45 PM
SOA

Favorite beer: Corona :)

Quote:
Newsflash: Colleges also use other proxy variables than high school grades for this.

And high school is pretty freaking easy, but I'm going with "If you got bad grades in high school, you're probably not that smart".
That highly depends on what high school you went to. If you went to a normal public HS and got good grades.....that's not all that impressive as there are a lot of people that do that.

If you went to am elite public or elite private HS with decent grades you will be far better off, as the level of classes offered by thise two entities was far superior.
Old 06-26-2015, 04:47 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngphan84 View Post
I don't care if I'm making $16 an hour, and the rest of my life is gonna be shit.
At least I got to date the hot 16 year old and get piss-drunk off Miller Lite while I was in high school.
You do realize you can both party and get good grades right?
Old 06-26-2015, 04:59 PM
CAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas66Kent View Post
You do realize you can both party and get good grades right?
If you say you party and you got good grades, then you most likely don't actually party. Sounds more like losers who wanna fit in.
Old 06-26-2015, 05:03 PM
SOA

So basically, in your tiny little mind you're not really "partying" unless you completely wreck your academic career?

Stemming from that almost comical piece of rationalization you were most likely shit at sports, because I can think of quite a few student athletes (myself included) who played sports, partied on weekends, and got good grades.
Old 06-26-2015, 05:09 PM
SOA

Quote:
That highly depends on what high school you went to. If you went to a normal public HS and got good grades.....that's not all that impressive as there are a lot of people that do that.

If you went to am elite public or elite private HS with decent grades you will be far better off, as the level of classes offered by thise two entities was far superior.
You might be the single worst poster at reading comprehension I've seen on here.
Old 06-26-2015, 05:34 PM
SOA

Quote:
You might be the single worst poster at reading comprehension I've seen on here.
Kid, when you get to the point when you are old enough to shave I might be inclined to listen to you.
Old 06-26-2015, 05:37 PM
CAS

Quote:
So basically, in your tiny little mind you're not really "partying" unless you completely wreck your academic career?

Stemming from that almost comical piece of rationalization you were most likely shit at sports, because I can think of quite a few student athletes (myself included) who played sports, partied on weekends, and got good grades.
Most people who think they're cool and like to have fun aren't actually that cool. And their "fun" isn't all that much fun.
Old 06-26-2015, 07:48 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngphan84 View Post
If you say you party and you got good grades, then you most likely don't actually party. Sounds more like losers who wanna fit in.
If we had an edward 40hands -> real analysis contest, you'd lose.