Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Exams - Please Limit Discussion to Exam-Related Topics > SoA > Group and Health Track > Health Foundations Module
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Fill in a brief DW Simpson Registration Form
to be contacted when new jobs meet your criteria.

Health Foundations Module Old Health Systems Overview Forum

Old 01-20-2019, 08:31 PM

Default Task 2 EOM Exercise v2

For the task 2 spreadsheet, I am seeing some formula errors in the PAID_CLAIMS tab. Can someone confirm?

Also, based on the MEMBERSHIP tab, it looks like the new HDHP_IN_ONLY plan/network started in 2014. So can I interpret the PROVIDER tab as just trying to show the change in the count of providers once the new plan started and not that both years contain the new plan? It's labeled strangely so I wanted to make sure I'm not missing something.
Old 06-16-2019, 11:11 PM

This looks like an error to me, too. The cells in column F that reference E4, when they should refer to the total incurred claims for that particular month? That doesn't look right to me. My thinking now is that we're not meant to fix errors like that, and should just roll with what they have in F and G without making changes.

Seems to me also that HDHP_IN_ONLY started 2014, so I think you're right that it's trying to show the change in providers once the plan started, but I'm not sure why you'd have any providers in it for 2013 at all if it started in 2014.
Old 06-16-2019, 11:17 PM

On the other hand, I just fixed the error, and I like the numbers that gives me much more. I'm not sure what to do now.