Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Software & Technology
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

ACTUARIAL SALARY SURVEYS
Contact DW Simpson for a Personalized Salary Survey

Old 04-13-2011, 11:14 AM
ASPPA COPA

Anyone looking at LA Noire at all? I may replace my ACB gaming time (which I'm getting frustrated with) with it.

The ACB servers are getting extemely laggy since the last DLC. When you have things in the game that depend on precise timing, and they don't work because of lag...

Supposedly they are trying to fix it.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:18 AM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginormous76 View Post
Another new dashboard? Will the beta's not be able to talk to the non-beta's again?
I dunno if it'll be too much different (I haven't set it up yet). MS is testing a new disc format that will allow (IIRC) an extra 1GB of data on disc. That's why they are sending Halo Reach to Beta testers, as I'm sure it's pressed on this new format.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:19 AM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pills View Post
Anyone looking at LA Noire at all? I may replace my ACB gaming time (which I'm getting frustrated with) with it.
I was considering it. Does it come out soon?
Old 04-13-2011, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pills View Post

The ACB servers are getting extemely laggy since the last DLC. When you have things in the game that depend on precise timing, and they don't work because of lag...

Supposedly they are trying to fix it.
I will be keeping my eye on it and see how the reviews are. I finished ACB single player and didn't really have any interest in the multiplayer so I decided to play though lego star wars again until I can find something I want to play. I think LA Noire is probably the next game being released that I have a decent amount of interest in.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlschop View Post
In about a month...April sucked/sucks for video game releases.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:54 PM

Dishwasher: Vampire Smile is pretty cool. I'm sure it is more intricate than a "button masher", but I'm not too goo at those games, so I sort of just... mash buttons. Fun and interesting though.

I really want to pick up some wii points so I can buy some old games: Shining Force 2, FF The After Years, Mario RPG...
Old 04-13-2011, 02:06 PM

Quote:
I dunno if it'll be too much different (I haven't set it up yet). MS is testing a new disc format that will allow (IIRC) an extra 1GB of data on disc. That's why they are sending Halo Reach to Beta testers, as I'm sure it's pressed on this new format.
That's good news. I'm still under the belief that the next consoles won't come out until 2015 at the earliest. So, if they're trying to figure out a way to cram more on a disc, that's good news.
Quote:
May 17. I'm looking forward to a demo, because the concept highly intrigues me. I'm at least hoping they put out a demo for it. Otherwise I will wait for reviews. I've decided to try a new tactic though in my game playing. I'm going to attempt to rent more often. I figure if I plan well, I can finish most games in a week's time, which I believe is around $10. Maybe it's gone up a bit since then?
Quote:
Originally Posted by radoaos View Post
I really want to pick up some wii points so I can buy some old games: FF The After Years,
What is this game?!
Old 04-13-2011, 02:15 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by radoaos View Post
I really want to pick up some wii points so I can buy some old games: Shining Force 2, FF The After Years, Mario RPG...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginormous76 View Post
What is this game?!
Technically, FF4-2. Takes place ~20 years after FF4's events.

It was originally released as a cell phone game in Japan; released in modules. They released it in US via Wii Ware a year or so ago.

I thought it was pretty well done, but FF4 is - by far - my favorite FF game, so I'm probably a bit biased to the story
Old 04-13-2011, 07:38 PM

There's a FF4 complete edition for the...PSP I think that includes After Years
Old 04-13-2011, 07:57 PM
Official AO Ninja

Studying for my next eye exam
Favorite beer: Guinness - because it's color of ninjas. And delicious.

on the weekend, we had 4 guys drinking beers and playing WWE All-Stars. EXTREMELY fun game, with some seriously over-the-top moves and enough relaxation on the physics to make it fun (Eddie Guerrero giving Andre the Giant a jumping suplex, adding a 10-foot jump and a 360 to Undertaker's choke slam, etc)

Tags
atari, data science, gaming pc, predictive analytics, ps3, ps4, real analysis = real men, switch, vita, wii, wii u, xbox 360, xbox one