Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Software & Technology
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Old 05-23-2011, 10:48 AM
SOA

Studying for modules
Favorite beer: Shiner

Beat Portal 2 last night, really enjoyed it. The gels made for an interesting game play experience. Now I just need to find some one to beat co-op with.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:51 AM
Non-Actuary

Mlschop, which level did you "spoiler"? Have I passed it yet? I've reached the start of Chapter 5.
"...there are two different types of Christianity. One is a movement of people who want to live and be like Jesus. The other (and far more common, far more powerful) is a civil and political religion that is simply named Christianity. The civil political religion named Christianity is addicted to both political power and violence, and thus finds the message of Jesus offensive." https://www.patheos.com/blogs/former...it-looks-like/
Old 05-23-2011, 11:01 AM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incredible Hulctuary View Post
Mlschop, which level did you "spoiler"? Have I passed it yet? I've reached the start of Chapter 5.
I think it's later than that...

*looking it up...which is hard since "Game" sites are blocked at work*

Google tells me it's sometime in Chapter 7, but I can't 100% confirm. Click at your own risk

(Honestly, you might click on that spoiler and go "oh I already knew that was coming from a video review I saw." I just didn't want to give anything away. I know I had no clue about it going into it and in retrospect I'm glad I didn't, as it would have taken some of the fun away for me I think...)
Old 05-23-2011, 01:16 PM
ASPPA COPA

Finished L.A. Noire last night. I'm considering going for 100% completion, but those damn cars all look the same.
Old 05-23-2011, 02:20 PM
Non-Actuary

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlschop View Post
Started playing L.A. Noire last night but didn't get too far (installing 3 discs on the 360 took too long ).

I got to the first interrogation sequence and I guess I'm still a bit confused on when you should be using "Doubt" and when you should be using "Lie." Is "Lie" used if and only if you have evidence, and doubt is for situations where you think they are lying, but can't prove it with anything?

Hopefully the "tells" on these guys get more subtle, because the first guy was twitching and squirming like crazy imo...
Just curious why you got it on 360 when apparently the PS3 version is superior and only 1 disc?
Old 05-23-2011, 02:27 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodninja View Post
Just curious why you got it on 360 when apparently the PS3 version is superior and only 1 disc?
I've been checking with my brother before buying games to see if he has any interest. If he does, I'll get it on 360 so he can borrow it from me, since that's the only console he has. I got Portal 2 on 360 for the same reason.

If a game has a multiplayer aspect I might be intersted in, I'll get 360, as most of my friends have/prefer 360. I like the idea of playing Madden online, so I got it on 360 (even though I played one game ever online ). I knew I wasn't gonna bother with AC:B multiplayer, so I got it for PS3.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:14 AM
CAS

Favorite beer: Batch Brewing

I think I'm sold on L.A. Noire, but since I have a long queue, it doesn't make sense to buy it until it's cheaper.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppyjoe View Post
I think I'm sold on L.A. Noire, but since I have a long queue, it doesn't make sense to buy it until it's cheaper.
I started a list of new games coming out that I want to play and sorted into must buys and just rent. I figure if I plan, I can beat most games in a week's rental period, so I would save money. So far only LA Noire, Arkham City, and Mass Effect 3 are on my must buy list.
Old 05-24-2011, 01:21 PM
SOA

Is Portal 2 co-op only playable in person? Or can you play remotely?

'cuz my wife has no interest in video games...
Old 05-24-2011, 01:23 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirVLCIV View Post
Is Portal 2 co-op only playable in person? Or can you play remotely?

'cuz my wife has no interest in video games...
Online and local split-screen

Tags
atari, data science, gaming pc, predictive analytics, ps3, ps4, real analysis = real men, switch, vita, wii, wii u, xbox 360, xbox one