Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Software & Technology
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Browse Open Actuarial Jobs

Life  Health  Casualty  Pension  Entry Level  All Jobs  Salaries

Old 03-07-2013, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassjaws View Post
Yep. NFS Most Wanted. The game is so bad ass. I played the crap out of it on my XBOX which I don't know if I have anymore. I might, and if I do I might get this game out and play again. I think I can get it for $40 at a GameStop locally. I think it's because EA rebooted the game in 2012 for more money at the detriment to the game itself.
You're not sure if you have the Xbox or the game? The Xbox version of the game is like $11 on amazon.

Old 03-07-2013, 02:34 PM
SOA

Chipping away the AC 3 campaign... And as someone mentioned earlier, the game does get better later on into a regular AC type setup. I still don't understand the crafting side of things though. Plus whenever I am in that menu it always tells me I don't have a convoy available. So not sure what to do with any of that. I have been able to finance the game through treasure maps just fine so far though. Next mission is in New York I believe!
Old 03-07-2013, 02:38 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlschop View Post
I tried to do all optional objectives while playing a mission, but if I failed them, it wasn't the end of the world. I never went back and bothered to try to 100% each mission.
I'm similar, although I tend to restart a majority of the time if I think it is possible to do all the optional objectives. I've done a good bit of hunting too. Idk why, but I decided it would cool to try and find the different types of animals in all the regions of the Frontier. So far I've gotten over half of them, we will see if my patience keeps up
Old 03-07-2013, 02:40 PM
SOA

Also, did anyone go for all of the Peg Leg trinkets in the campaign? I think I'm around 15.
Old 03-07-2013, 02:55 PM
Official AO Ninja

Studying for my next eye exam
Favorite beer: Guinness - because it's color of ninjas. And delicious.

I really need to pick up AC3
Old 03-07-2013, 03:05 PM
SOA AAA

College: University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by radoaos View Post
Normal Classic. I'm trying to get all the characters without really grinding and no deaths, so I've been struggling. Did a little xp grinding last night, and that made a big difference.

After this playthrough I should be ready to slowly work through hard classic. Not sure if I'll even bother with Lunatic. Prob won't.
I did Lunatic/Casual, you will probably throw your 3DS out of the window if you tried Lunatic/Classic without the DLC grind.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:20 PM
ASPPA COPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancran1220 View Post
Also, did anyone go for all of the Peg Leg trinkets in the campaign? I think I'm around 15.
I did. I don't remember what it unlocks.

When I play now, I'm doing the DLC. I think I have maybe an hour left on episdoe 1.

Haven't done a multiplayer video in a while, either. I think I'm a little burned out on the whole thing.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:22 PM
SOA

Quote:
Chipping away the AC 3 campaign... And as someone mentioned earlier, the game does get better later on into a regular AC type setup. I still don't understand the crafting side of things though. Plus whenever I am in that menu it always tells me I don't have a convoy available. So not sure what to do with any of that. I have been able to finance the game through treasure maps just fine so far though. Next mission is in New York I believe!
First and foremost - crafting stuff is completely optional and doesn't really add anything to the game imo. I never bothered crafting much. I would just buy animal skins from my hunters and use the convoys to sell them for a profit.

Regarding not having a convoy available - you start off with one convoy, which if on missions (or damaged) you can't do another one. I think you can't repair damaged convoys for some reason (or I never figured out how). You can "craft" additional convoys (I think you can have up to 5) - which is the only real crafting I did in the game.

Quote:
I got 'em all. Also got all feathers...and any other collectible the game had (can't remember if there was another or not).
Old 03-07-2013, 03:23 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pills View Post
When I play now, I'm doing the DLC. I think I have maybe an hour left on episdoe 1.
Once I'm done with Arkham City, I plan on heading back to AC3 and getting the Season Pass for the single player DLC. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think so far they've released two single player DLCs - one full story and the first part of the Washington alternate timeline.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:38 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlschop View Post
First and foremost - crafting stuff is completely optional and doesn't really add anything to the game imo. I never bothered crafting much. I would just buy animal skins from my hunters and use the convoys to sell them for a profit.

Regarding not having a convoy available - you start off with one convoy, which if on missions (or damaged) you can't do another one. I think you can't repair damaged convoys for some reason (or I never figured out how). You can "craft" additional convoys (I think you can have up to 5) - which is the only real crafting I did in the game.

I got 'em all. Also got all feathers...and any other collectible the game had (can't remember if there was another or not).
Thanks for all that. Yeah, I think at one point early on my convoy was damaged or destroyed. I've only run 1 mission with them though (and I guess it didn't complete since the convoy was destroyed).

And dang on the feathers... That must of taken a while. The other one you are forgetting is the Almanac pages.

Tags
atari, data science, gaming pc, predictive analytics, ps3, ps4, real analysis = real men, switch, vita, wii, wii u, xbox 360, xbox one