Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Software & Technology
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Search Actuarial Jobs by State @ DWSimpson.com:
AL AK AR AZ CA CO CT DE FL GA HI ID IL IN IA KS KY LA
ME MD MA MI MN MS MO MT NE NH NJ NM NY NV NC ND
OH OK OR PA RI SC SD TN TX UT VT VA WA WV WI WY

Old 03-07-2013, 03:58 PM
ASPPA COPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlschop View Post
Once I'm done with Arkham City, I plan on heading back to AC3 and getting the Season Pass for the single player DLC. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think so far they've released two single player DLCs - one full story and the first part of the Washington alternate timeline.
I think the first part of what they released was the PS3 bonus stuff, which I already had. Part 1 of Washington was released a couple of weeks ago, Part 2 is mid-March, and part 3 mid-April.

Then AC4: Black Flag in October starring Haytham's father.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:03 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancran1220 View Post
Thanks for all that. Yeah, I think at one point early on my convoy was damaged or destroyed. I've only run 1 mission with them though (and I guess it didn't complete since the convoy was destroyed).

And dang on the feathers... That must of taken a while. The other one you are forgetting is the Almanac pages.
Feathers wasn't too bad. Since you gotta run around quite a bit in the main frontier (there aren't THAT many warp points), if I was in the vicinity of one, I would just go the little bit out of my way to get it.

Almanac pages were a bigger pain in the ass imo. Like 80-90% were easy...but some would take these paths that bugged me.

The other thing that was time consuming was opening all of the warp points (underground tunnels) in Boston and NY.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:05 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pills View Post
Then AC4: Black Flag in October starring Haytham's father.
It really feels like this was supposed to be AC: BF, but decided to throw the number on it because "Hey, numbered versions sold better than Brotherhood and Revelations!" And that is kinda disappointing to me...
Old 03-07-2013, 04:24 PM
ASPPA COPA

They probably say "different antagonist, different number". Considering the end of ACIII in current day, I'm really interested to see what happens.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:27 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pills View Post
They probably say "different antagonist, different number". Considering the end of ACIII in current day, I'm really interested to see what happens.
I'd be okay with that if it didn't have a subtitle. That subtitle makes me think they had other plans for this game...
Old 03-07-2013, 04:30 PM

Quote:
It really feels like this was supposed to be AC: BF, but decided to throw the number on it because "Hey, numbered versions sold better than Brotherhood and Revelations!" And that is kinda disappointing to me...
I think they also did it because it's coming out on next gen consoles. Have you seen the trailer with Blackbeard talking about the Assassin? That HAS to be made from next gen technology, because the faces are TOO detailed.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:35 PM
SOA

Wait - what?!

Spoiler - Plot of AC4 - spoiled since it contains minor/trivial AC3 ending spoiler...:
Quote:
As is the case in previous games in the Assassin's Creed series, the story is divided into two intertwined halves, with one in the present day, one in a historical setting, and the events of each influencing the other. In the present day, the player character is hired by Abstergo Entertainment — a subsidiary of Abstergo Industries — to use the Animus and examine the memories of Desmond Miles and his ancestors. Although it had previously been established that the Animus may only be used to view the memories of one's direct ancestors, the ending of Assassin's Creed III implies that the Animus is now functioning in the same way as a cloud computer.[6] Faced with this new possibility, Abstergo has requested that the player concentrate specifically on the memories of the Assassin Edward Kenway, a notorious pirate and privateer operating during the Golden Age of Piracy. Kenway's story is set in the Caribbean, and mixes open-ended ship-based exploration with combat and land-based adventures on a number of Caribbean islands.[10]

So this doesn't follow Desmond... Will it be a prequel in both animus-land and "real world?"
Old 03-07-2013, 04:36 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wizard of Awe View Post
I think they also did it because it's coming out on next gen consoles. Have you seen the trailer with Blackbeard talking about the Assassin? That HAS to be made from next gen technology, because the faces are TOO detailed.
I didn't think the trailer looked like anything better than your standard run of the mill CGI FMV. None of that was in-game engine.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:57 PM
SOA

Quote:
Wait - what?!

So this doesn't follow Desmond... Will it be a prequel in both animus-land and "real world?"
I read your spoiler as taking place after AC3 in the 'real world'.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:59 PM
SOA

I haven't done the AC3 DLC yet, but I was rather completionist on my main run.

Real life (freelance biz, other professional development stuff) is taking a lot more time than I expected, so probably won't be doing too much gaming this summer.

Tags
atari, data science, gaming pc, predictive analytics, ps3, ps4, real analysis = real men, switch, vita, wii, wii u, xbox 360, xbox one