Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Cyberchat > Non-Actuarial Topics > TV Shows, Movies, Books, etc
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Upload your resume securely at https://www.dwsimpson.com
to be contacted when our jobs meet your skills and objectives.

Old 03-27-2019, 11:39 AM
CAS

it wasn't all bad. henry's dead now
Old 03-27-2019, 11:40 AM
CAS AAA

Favorite beer: Homebrew

my personal thought and this was before they found the heads. When Daryl saw the herd, he could have negotiated a peace treaty, saying let the killing be over. your group move all the walkers away and kill them and then we can plant more fields, more crops and your group can have access to that. No chance a group the size of the whispers is going to last much longer without starting to grow crops. a group that size will go through the wild animal population pretty quick imo and won't be much wild fruit/veggies to forage come winter. i've said it before, just a horrible long term plan to live like that. fine short term but not going to last forever and as shown by needing to abandon the baby, very little chance of repopulating the earth.
Old 03-27-2019, 11:43 AM
CAS AAA

why'd henry bother everyone so much? i didn't necessarily like him, but he wasn't that bad. he seemed a little on the dumb/slow side, maybe that was just really bad writing, but other than that he seemed like a pretty typical teenager and helped bring in plot points for this season, which i think has been better then the past few years.
Old 03-27-2019, 11:46 AM
CAS AAA

oh, also i thought maybe the king was going to catch onto Alpha when she said she was looking forward to meeting Queen Carol. Since she said she was from Alexandria, i'd have thought maybe you'd think someone from there would already know Carol as she had previously lived there. So, i might have probed a little deeper and asked "how long you been at Alexandria?" It was pretty well known that Michonne wasn't taking in outsiders in the past what 3 years or so, ever since the incident shown a few episodes go, thus Alpha would have to have been pretty lucky in saying roughly 4 years before that incident but after Carol had left.
Old 03-27-2019, 11:47 AM
CAS AAA

Alpha is convinced humans belong with the dead. I'm not sure she even wants to rebuild society/repopulate the earth. She made it pretty clear to Daryl that the way of life she saw at the Fair was doomed and pointless.
Old 03-27-2019, 12:01 PM

Studying for CAS ∞

Quote:
Originally Posted by tometom View Post
my personal thought and this was before they found the heads. When Daryl saw the herd, he could have negotiated a peace treaty, saying let the killing be over. your group move all the walkers away and kill them and then we can plant more fields, more crops and your group can have access to that. No chance a group the size of the whispers is going to last much longer without starting to grow crops. a group that size will go through the wild animal population pretty quick imo and won't be much wild fruit/veggies to forage come winter. i've said it before, just a horrible long term plan to live like that. fine short term but not going to last forever and as shown by needing to abandon the baby, very little chance of repopulating the earth.
My biggest question is how have the whisperers managed to last as long as they have surviving this way? Ten-ish years at this point, right? And how have they managed to recruit new members with their bonkers POV?

Old 03-27-2019, 12:04 PM

Studying for CAS ∞

I'm looking forward to seeing how winter affects our merry band. I've wondered about how survivors are faring in colder climates?

It's kind of ridiculous that it always seems to be vaguely June-September-ish. And other than the hurricane that hit FTWD, I don't recall seeing any weather effects.

Old 03-27-2019, 12:12 PM
CAS AAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
My biggest question is how have the whisperers managed to last as long as they have surviving this way? Ten-ish years at this point, right? And how have they managed to recruit new members with their bonkers POV?
good questions and yes, i'd assume about that long. i'd assume they are pretty nomadic, just wander from place to place as food supplies run out. then move on to a different area and hope more wild game/fruits/vegges available. When they come across people, it's probably fairly simple to absorb a small group if they can get behind the rules or they simply kill them since they are disguised as the dead, it's fairly easy to do, like how they got Jesus and then take their stuff to feed the group.

would definitely be a good episode or maybe even several just retracing how they kinda got to the point they are at.
Old 03-27-2019, 12:14 PM
CAS AAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
I'm looking forward to seeing how winter affects our merry band. I've wondered about how survivors are faring in colder climates?

It's kind of ridiculous that it always seems to be vaguely June-September-ish. And other than the hurricane that hit FTWD, I don't recall seeing any weather effects.
yea, another good one. it does always seem to be summer/fall. never seem to hit winter even though it's Virginia, not Georgia anymore. seemed like they were doing good about canning food. question is if someone did the math and made sure it was more than enough to get through. I'd assume Eugene would have done that and anyone who's a reasonable farmer, but you never know.
Old 03-27-2019, 12:17 PM
CAS

it's difficult to put my finger on why henry is so unlikable, he just is.

Tags
jumped the shark, myotherwifeisazombie, token, zilf