Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Exams - Please Limit Discussion to Exam-Related Topics > SoA > Individual Life and Annuities Track > Life Finance and Valuation Exam
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

ACTUARIAL SALARY SURVEYS
Contact DW Simpson for a Personalized Salary Survey

Life Finance and Valuation Exam Old Individual Life and Annuities Forum

Old 02-12-2010, 07:00 PM
2010 Winner2011 Winner
SOA

Studying for NOTHING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selina Kyle View Post
Does anyone have recommendations for the live seminar? I'm trying to decide between TIA and ACE (assuming my company gives me the okay to go). I am studying now with the ACE manual (I saw the 2009 TIA manual and wasn't impressed). Would it be better to go to the ACE seminar for consistency, or go to the TIA seminar to get another perspective? Also, if someone has gone to one or both of these seminars, what do you think of the presentation style?
I went to the ACE seminar for DP, and am signed up for their CSP seminar in March. I thought the ACE seminar was great. I passed DP on my first try, and I really think the seminar was a big part of that. I liked the presentation style. I don't know if this says anything, but the days never seemed to drag on and I never felt like I was going to fall asleep during the presentations. It was more lecture-style, but they were happy to answer any questions and also stay afterwards to answer questions. They gave lots of really good practice problems too.

Tags
the infinite actuary, tia