Actuarial Outpost
 
Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Exams - Please Limit Discussion to Exam-Related Topics > SoA > EA Exams
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-24-2012, 12:54 PM
foejuice foejuice is offline
Member
ASPPA
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Phoenix
Studying for Zombie Apocalypse
College: Jamestown College
Favorite beer: Oak Creek Nut Brown Ale
Posts: 226
Default Acknowledgement letter

I got mine yesterday! I'm glad my application didn't get lost in the mail. Let the wait begin.
__________________
P FM MLC MFE C EA2A EA2B
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-24-2012, 01:08 PM
Mustainefan Mustainefan is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by foejuice View Post
I got mine yesterday! I'm glad my application didn't get lost in the mail. Let the wait begin.
Just to clarify, you're talking about your application for enrollment, right? When did you send yours out? I sent mine on July 16, and haven't seen a response yet. Hopefully will get one soon!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-24-2012, 01:27 PM
foejuice foejuice is offline
Member
ASPPA
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Phoenix
Studying for Zombie Apocalypse
College: Jamestown College
Favorite beer: Oak Creek Nut Brown Ale
Posts: 226
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustainefan View Post
Just to clarify, you're talking about your application for enrollment, right? When did you send yours out? I sent mine on July 16, and haven't seen a response yet. Hopefully will get one soon!
I had everything ready as soon as they released the passing numbers and sent mine off on the 13th. I'm in Phoenix, so it was in LA on Monday the 16th, easily. The response was dated July 19th.
__________________
P FM MLC MFE C EA2A EA2B
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-24-2012, 02:23 PM
aedunn05 aedunn05 is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 26
Default

Any idea how long it usually takes for them from the time the application is processed to actual enrollment?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-24-2012, 02:48 PM
foejuice foejuice is offline
Member
ASPPA
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Phoenix
Studying for Zombie Apocalypse
College: Jamestown College
Favorite beer: Oak Creek Nut Brown Ale
Posts: 226
Default

The acknowledgement letter says 4 months, but I looked at a thread on this forum that showed the first typical approvals happened around the end of September in each of the last 2 years. Hopefully history repeats itself in this regard.
__________________
P FM MLC MFE C EA2A EA2B
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-24-2012, 04:48 PM
AlliGator06 AlliGator06 is offline
Member
SOA AAA
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Studying for NOTHING!!!!!!!
College: Florida University
Posts: 528
Default

I got mine yesterday dated the 19th too I hope it's a lot quicker than 4 months! I want some letters
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-24-2012, 05:37 PM
thearchitect thearchitect is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
College: Haverford College '06 grad
Favorite beer: Pliny the Elder
Posts: 79
Default

My boss already received and returned the employment verification. I submitted my application on the 12th. Am I correct that some kind of board has to verify each applicant's qualifications, and we have to wait for the board to meet (which isn't very frequently).
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-24-2012, 07:44 PM
KIAbrahams KIAbrahams is offline
Member
SOA
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
College: University of Texas
Posts: 55
Default

Did any of you get any kind of response that they were missing anything from the application? I still have until the first week of September to finish my 36 months of (Sept. 2nd to be exact and not a day later) so haven't yet applied but I keep looking over the application and am just hoping I don't fill it out incorrectly or leave something off. Would they notify me if that was the case that something was wrong with the app?

I know that may not bode well for me as an actuary if I can't even fill out the form correctly...but I always seem to overlook something.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-24-2012, 07:55 PM
Mustainefan Mustainefan is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIAbrahams View Post
I know that may not bode well for me as an actuary if I can't even fill out the form correctly...but I always seem to overlook something.
I know what you mean... Working with the SOA / Joint Board makes you paranoid. If it makes you feel any better, they make mistakes too!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-25-2012, 10:12 AM
thearchitect thearchitect is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
College: Haverford College '06 grad
Favorite beer: Pliny the Elder
Posts: 79
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIAbrahams View Post
Did any of you get any kind of response that they were missing anything from the application? I still have until the first week of September to finish my 36 months of (Sept. 2nd to be exact and not a day later) so haven't yet applied but I keep looking over the application and am just hoping I don't fill it out incorrectly or leave something off. Would they notify me if that was the case that something was wrong with the app?

I know that may not bode well for me as an actuary if I can't even fill out the form correctly...but I always seem to overlook something.
Someone called to tell me that they did not have my EA-1 waiver on file (they lost it). Then she called to say they received my copy and had everything that was needed.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
*PLEASE NOTE: Posts are not checked for accuracy, and do not
represent the views of the Actuarial Outpost or its sponsors.
Page generated in 0.50375 seconds with 10 queries