Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Exams - Please Limit Discussion to Exam-Related Topics > SoA > EA Exams
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Old 07-24-2012, 12:54 PM
ASPPA

Studying for Zombie Apocalypse
College: Jamestown College
Favorite beer: Oak Creek Nut Brown Ale
Default Acknowledgement letter

I got mine yesterday! I'm glad my application didn't get lost in the mail. Let the wait begin.
Old 07-24-2012, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foejuice View Post
I got mine yesterday! I'm glad my application didn't get lost in the mail. Let the wait begin.
Just to clarify, you're talking about your application for enrollment, right? When did you send yours out? I sent mine on July 16, and haven't seen a response yet. Hopefully will get one soon!
Old 07-24-2012, 01:27 PM
ASPPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustainefan View Post
Just to clarify, you're talking about your application for enrollment, right? When did you send yours out? I sent mine on July 16, and haven't seen a response yet. Hopefully will get one soon!
I had everything ready as soon as they released the passing numbers and sent mine off on the 13th. I'm in Phoenix, so it was in LA on Monday the 16th, easily. The response was dated July 19th.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:23 PM

Any idea how long it usually takes for them from the time the application is processed to actual enrollment?
Old 07-24-2012, 02:48 PM
ASPPA

The acknowledgement letter says 4 months, but I looked at a thread on this forum that showed the first typical approvals happened around the end of September in each of the last 2 years. Hopefully history repeats itself in this regard.
Old 07-24-2012, 04:48 PM
SOA AAA

Studying for NOTHING!!!!!!!
College: Florida University

I got mine yesterday dated the 19th too I hope it's a lot quicker than 4 months! I want some letters
Old 07-24-2012, 05:37 PM

College: Haverford College '06 grad
Favorite beer: Pliny the Elder

My boss already received and returned the employment verification. I submitted my application on the 12th. Am I correct that some kind of board has to verify each applicant's qualifications, and we have to wait for the board to meet (which isn't very frequently).
Old 07-24-2012, 07:44 PM
SOA

College: University of Texas

Did any of you get any kind of response that they were missing anything from the application? I still have until the first week of September to finish my 36 months of (Sept. 2nd to be exact and not a day later) so haven't yet applied but I keep looking over the application and am just hoping I don't fill it out incorrectly or leave something off. Would they notify me if that was the case that something was wrong with the app?

I know that may not bode well for me as an actuary if I can't even fill out the form correctly...but I always seem to overlook something.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIAbrahams View Post
I know that may not bode well for me as an actuary if I can't even fill out the form correctly...but I always seem to overlook something.
I know what you mean... Working with the SOA / Joint Board makes you paranoid. If it makes you feel any better, they make mistakes too!
Old 07-25-2012, 10:12 AM

College: Haverford College '06 grad
Favorite beer: Pliny the Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIAbrahams View Post
Did any of you get any kind of response that they were missing anything from the application? I still have until the first week of September to finish my 36 months of (Sept. 2nd to be exact and not a day later) so haven't yet applied but I keep looking over the application and am just hoping I don't fill it out incorrectly or leave something off. Would they notify me if that was the case that something was wrong with the app?

Someone called to tell me that they did not have my EA-1 waiver on file (they lost it). Then she called to say they received my copy and had everything that was needed.