Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Cyberchat > Sports > Fantasy Football Sub-Forum
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Upload your resume securely at https://www.dwsimpson.com
to be contacted when new jobs meet your skills and objectives.

Old 08-21-2019, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyGoodFCAS View Post
I learned the hard way years ago that picking a QB early is a waste. Rivers/Cousins did a solid job for me last year, rarely lit up the scoreboard and even had a few flops (including last year's playoffs), but the points I got from drafting RB/WR's in the earlier rounds gave me the big games I needed.

I rarely picked a top TE - been pretty decent at finding sleepers in the later rounds or even off waivers, as I did with Kittle/OJ last year and Engram the year before.
My 14-team league with deep benches means the waiver wire is dry. But in most 10-12 team leagues, there are reasonable QB/TE options available on waivers during the season.

It seems like Saquon is the "clear" #1 pick, though FF often falls victim to groupthink. You cannot predict who will be the top scorer, but I'd feel good about taking Saquon.
Old 08-21-2019, 03:36 PM
CAS AAA

Favorite beer: Beer-Sheva

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rookie View Post
My 14-team league with deep benches means the waiver wire is dry. But in most 10-12 team leagues, there are reasonable QB/TE options available on waivers during the season.

It seems like Saquon is the "clear" #1 pick, though FF often falls victim to groupthink. You cannot predict who will be the top scorer, but I'd feel good about taking Saquon.
Yeah, I'll go with Saquon. Hadn't considered Kamara, who is actually #2 in ADP, but I'm not really buying into it since tough to say how much Latavius will eat into his carries. I think CMC will continue to have a great season, but he wasn't much of a goal-line back and is a little more fumble-prone than the others.
Old 08-21-2019, 07:53 PM
CAS

Studying for Prostate exam
College: Hard Knocks

Most mock drafts don't do a good job simulating behavior in my leagues with auction drafts. I've found that the fantasypros auction simulator seems pretty realistic to me.
Old 08-21-2019, 07:55 PM
CAS

Quote:
Yeah, I'll go with Saquon. Hadn't considered Kamara, who is actually #2 in ADP, but I'm not really buying into it since tough to say how much Latavius will eat into his carries. I think CMC will continue to have a great season, but he wasn't much of a goal-line back and is a little more fumble-prone than the others.
I think more "experts" think Latavius will get fewer touches than Ingram did, so that would boost Kamara. Who knows if that's correct though? NO likes to use 2 backs and I think both Kamara and Latavius will be fantasy relevant.
Old 08-22-2019, 10:42 AM
CAS AAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Itas View Post
I think more "experts" think Latavius will get fewer touches than Ingram did, so that would boost Kamara. Who knows if that's correct though? NO likes to use 2 backs and I think both Kamara and Latavius will be fantasy relevant.
With Ingram serving a suspension, Kamara's numbers were plenty boosted last season, and he still got <1000 rushing yards. I think their #3 back Washington will get more carries than expected, since he is the only one of the backs who is a true grinder like Ingram was. Wouldn't surprise me if he became a goal-line vulture.
Old 08-22-2019, 11:33 PM
CAS AAA

How would you rank these 4 RBs in non-PPR?

Fournette, Kerryon, DFreeman, Jacobs

I am leaning Freeman here despite his injury history - at least I can get his handcuff late in the draft. Fournette and Kerryon have higher ADPs but I'm not sure I can rely on them. Jacobs might be a reach but I think he has the highest ceiling of the 4.
Old 08-22-2019, 11:43 PM
CAS

Quote:
How would you rank these 4 RBs in non-PPR?

Fournette, Kerryon, DFreeman, Jacobs

I am leaning Freeman here despite his injury history - at least I can get his handcuff late in the draft. Fournette and Kerryon have higher ADPs but I'm not sure I can rely on them. Jacobs might be a reach but I think he has the highest ceiling of the 4.
Jacobs and Freeman are both risk/reward guys. Id like both. Fournette should be high volume, high floor barring injury. Im more skeptical of Kerryon, but admit to being biased after getting burned by DET RB in the past.
Old 08-23-2019, 09:28 AM

Fournette, D Freeman, Kerryon, Jacobs
Old 08-23-2019, 10:09 AM

Kerryon, Fournette, other two.

Kerryon should be a beast this year.
Old 08-23-2019, 10:10 AM

Auction draft tonight. Could keep one player at last year value. Keeping Connor at $9.
Most top RBs in our league go for roughly $55-$65.