Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Cyberchat > Non-Actuarial Topics > TV Shows, Movies, Books, etc
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Old 10-30-2019, 05:43 PM

Studying for CAS ∞

Quote:
Originally Posted by tometom View Post
I'm also really confused where all the freaking zombies are coming from. i guess that might be why they suspect the whisperers, right? Just seems like between the whisperers gathering them up for their horde and the amount killed over like 10 years, they'd be running down. and they all look relatively fresh. i guess that was a neat thing as mentioned above about the Negan/Aaron scene, were the weeds actually growing out of them?
I've wondered the same thing. I don't recall, has the rate of decay of walkers ever been discussed? Clearly, they are still dead and even if the decay was slowed, I would guess that the vast majority of all walkers were turned within the first few months. Most should no longer be ambulatory never mind those who random walked over cliffs, etc. but as you said, most still look fresh...

Not that I'm going to stop watching...

Old 10-30-2019, 05:49 PM

Studying for CAS ∞

I've got to admit though, one of my biggest interests in this season is how will Michonne be leaving the show? Will she die? Will Rick come back for a brief cameo like when Doug came back for Carol on E.R.? Will Maggie return before Michonne leaves? And what of Judith and R.J.?

Old 11-04-2019, 11:15 AM
SOA AAA

Studying for None!!!
College: U of Chief Illiniwek

Quote:
Maybe it's my personality, but i don't really get the resentment from everyone towards Lydia. i guess i'd need someone elses mother to kill a friend of mine.
The heroes decided to harbor Lydia. That started a war where people died. Had Lydia not come along (we know how she came into the story, but for the random townsfolk character it's hearsay) their friends would still be alive and things wouldn't be so tense. I've seen young adults hold resentment for lesser reasons in the real world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralTso View Post
oh wow. epeddy's advice is incredible.
The story of my life: It's not that I'm in denial of being a nerd. It's that everyone else is in denial of how incredibly cool I am.
Old 11-04-2019, 11:26 AM

Quote:
I'm also really confused where all the freaking zombies are coming from. i guess that might be why they suspect the whisperers, right?
Yes, and there was a discussion that I thought made things clear - something about how it would make sense for the whisperers, strategically, to wear down the hero group before they attack and kill them. So, you hold the threat over them to calm them down, and then take their hunting grounds and let some walkers kill a few, before you attack and destroy them. Thought it was pretty clear that is the issue.

Note: I haven't watched last night yet, just saw this from last week which I have watched.
Old 11-11-2019, 12:40 PM
SOA AAA

Studying for None!!!

As bad as the writing can be, I sure enjoyed Eugene and Negan's dialogue last night.

"Is a radio wave sinusoidal?"

And Jeffrey Dean Morgan was spot on with the humor talking to Beta. Couple of my favorites:

"You're a survivalists wet dream. Where can I get an application? Sign. Me. Up."
"Is this like a Beta with benefits thing?"
"The whole kneeling thing. I had men kneeling to me all the time in my heyday. Something I never did myself."
Quote:
The story of my life: It's not that I'm in denial of being a nerd. It's that everyone else is in denial of how incredibly cool I am.
Old 11-11-2019, 12:45 PM
SOA AAA

Studying for None!!!

My prediction on Negan. They spent a lot of time working on Negan's character development and becoming "good." Talking with Judith and coming back, saving Aaron, killing his helper, sticking up for Carl's name. Too much time spent for them to just waste it all on Negan joining the Whisperers in a plot to seek revenge on his captors, and that's that. They're overselling Negan as old Negan so much. So much that misdirection is the obvious prediction, thus what could possibly be the twist?
Quote:
Old 11-11-2019, 02:14 PM
CAS

what's up with that Dante doctor guy? he's very punchable

agree there were some good lines last night
Old 11-12-2019, 11:17 AM

Studying for CAS ∞

Quote:
Originally Posted by epeddy1 View Post
My prediction on Negan. They spent a lot of time working on Negan's character development and becoming "good." Talking with Judith and coming back, saving Aaron, killing his helper, sticking up for Carl's name. Too much time spent for them to just waste it all on Negan joining the Whisperers in a plot to seek revenge on his captors, and that's that. They're overselling Negan as old Negan so much. So much that misdirection is the obvious prediction, thus what could possibly be the twist?
We don't know yet who actually freed Negan. I think there is an inference that is the now dead Brandon but we're not actually told this. My bet is on Daryl since I could see his morality being such that he's want to give Negan a chance to survive rather being strung up by the mob. Not sure if there would have been much time to talk strategy regarding taking down the Whisperers from the inside, but I doubt that Negan would ever do anything that could potentially harm Judith so I definitely see him as a mole within their group.

Old 11-12-2019, 11:27 AM
Past SOA President
SOA AAA

Studying for FSA '76
College: MIT '74

I believe that Negan freed himself. That wasn't a very secure prison cell. And he had been there for 8 years and must have known that he could leave any time he wanted.

Bruce
Old 11-18-2019, 03:42 PM
CAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyo View Post
what's up with that Dante doctor guy? he's very punchable
yup

Tags
jumped the shark, myotherwifeisazombie, token, zilf