Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Cyberchat > Non-Actuarial Topics > TV Shows, Movies, Books, etc
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Upload your resume securely at https://www.dwsimpson.com
to be contacted when our jobs meet your skills and objectives.

Old 08-17-2015, 11:17 AM
SOA

Studying for FAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicycle Repair Man View Post
Maybe I'm overthinking this:

The Rick of reality C137 has only been going on adventures with Morty for about a year. However, it seems that most other versions of Rick and Morty have been together for much longer. One year of adventures doesn't seem long enough to have formed the Council of Ricks, or to have built a daycare center for Jerrys with some versions of Jerry who have been there a long time, or for one of the Mortys to have turned evil.

What's different about Universe-C137 that its version of Rick didn't move in with his daughter's family for so long? I suspect it has something to do with the Beth's mother who we haven't met yet.
There is no overthinking in television!

We do know that a lot of Ricks, such as the one that befriends Jerry, don't have their own Morty at all; in some universes Rick never has any children, in others he has Beth but Beth never gets married, etc. I think either way the Ricks in all universes have been adventuring for decades, so the Council of Ricks might have been around for a while before the benefits of adventuring with a Morty were discovered. Why Rick C-137 put off adventuring with his Morty until recently is a good question.
Old 08-17-2015, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthemyst View Post
We do know that a lot of Ricks, such as the one that befriends Jerry, don't have their own Morty at all;
How do we know that? At one point, Rick says that having a Morty around is crucial for adventuring because the destructive interference of Morty and Rick's brain waves make it harder to be traced and followed.
Old 08-17-2015, 11:28 AM
SOA

Studying for FAP

Quote:
How do we know that? At one point, Rick says that having a Morty around is crucial for adventuring because the destructive interference of Morty and Rick's brain waves make it harder to be traced and followed.
Well, we know there are a lot of realities where Summer doesn't exist, so presumably Morty doesn't exist in those realities either. And the Rick that befriends Jerry says that he never married, although I just remembered he was paired up with a Morty from a different reality so I guess it's possible the Council of Ricks just does that for everyone.
Old 08-17-2015, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Well, we know there are a lot of realities where Summer doesn't exist, so presumably Morty doesn't exist in those realities either. And the Rick that befriends Jerry says that he never married, although I just remembered he was paired up with a Morty from a different reality so I guess it's possible the Council of Ricks just does that for everyone.
Where have we seen the realities where Summer doesn't exist? I don't remember those.
Old 08-17-2015, 12:06 PM
SOA

Studying for FAP

Quote:
Where have we seen the realities where Summer doesn't exist? I don't remember those.
In the episode with all the TV from alternate realities, Rick gave Jerry, Beth and Summer some goggles that would allow them to see through the eyes of their alternate reality selves. Beth and Jerry found realities where they were successful and famous, but in all of them Summer didn't exist.
Old 08-17-2015, 01:11 PM

Quote:
In the episode with all the TV from alternate realities, Rick gave Jerry, Beth and Summer some goggles that would allow them to see through the eyes of their alternate reality selves. Beth and Jerry found realities where they were successful and famous, but in all of them Summer didn't exist.
Oh yeah. I remember those now. My memories of those shows have always existed.

But we didn't see any of the Ricks from those universes. Maybe in every reality where Beth doesn't marry Jerry, Rick doesn't become a scientist and doesn't go on adventures.
Old 08-20-2015, 12:55 PM
SOA

Studying for FAP

Quote:
Spoiler for "Total Rickall"

Spoiler:
If Mr. Poopy Butthole wasn't an alien parasite, then where did all the other alien parasites come from after Rick killed Uncle Steve?
Spoiler:

Same place Uncle Steve came from, I guess? Rick seemed to be expecting more to show up even though he thought the six of them were all real.
Old 08-22-2015, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Spoiler for "Total Rickall"

Spoiler:
If Mr. Poopy Butthole wasn't an alien parasite, then where did all the other alien parasites come from after Rick killed Uncle Steve?
Mr Poopy butthole came out of nowhere - I guess they set it up that way for the ending

Since he appears in the opening credits I guess he is going to be a part of the main cast going forward. He reminds me of Mr.Meseeks.

Last edited by Guest; 08-22-2015 at 03:25 PM..
Old 08-22-2015, 03:35 PM

Well, he may not have been a parasite himself, but he was definitely on the side of the parasites in that episode. He triggered flashbacks that spawned new parasites, and he joined in the parasites in pressuring Rick to open the blast doors. He is not a good guy, and I doubt he'll be a new recurring character.
Old 08-25-2015, 09:00 AM

Wasn't a big fan of the last episode ("Get shwifty")