Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Cyberchat > Sports > Fantasy Football Sub-Forum
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

DW Simpson International Actuarial Jobs
Canada  Asia  Australia  Bermuda  Latin America  Europe

Old 09-11-2018, 12:32 PM
SOA AAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingboing View Post
what makes a league dynasty? Do you have salary caps and players under contract for a certain number of years? Or something completely different?
That is how we do our league (year 11). Keeper limit is 5. Max contract length 3 years, but can sign multiple contracts. Salaries are set through auction, then increase by greater of 10% annual bump or average salaries of all players at position that scored higher than the player in question in the previous year.

Can they do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statatak View Post
what's a JAS
Old 10-15-2018, 11:48 AM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pujols4Prez View Post
That is how we do our league (year 11). Keeper limit is 5. Max contract length 3 years, but can sign multiple contracts. Salaries are set through auction, then increase by greater of 10% annual bump or average salaries of all players at position that scored higher than the player in question in the previous year.

Can they do that?
We should set something up on here like that...for baseball and football...
Old 10-15-2018, 11:50 AM

we have been using Flea Flicker and it's pretty good so far. it's also free! the Android app isn't too polished, but it's quite functional. however, it doesn't have scoring alerts, if that's something you enjoy. you can trade draft picks up to three years into the future
Old 10-15-2018, 11:59 AM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
we have been using Flea Flicker and it's pretty good so far. it's also free! the Android app isn't too polished, but it's quite functional. however, it doesn't have scoring alerts, if that's something you enjoy. you can trade draft picks up to three years into the future
That site does the salary cap stuff? I was thinking we'd probably have to manage it through spreadsheets and whatnot on here...
Old 10-15-2018, 12:21 PM

no salary cap from what I can tell. I'm not the commissioner and don't know if he turned off salary cap, but I doubt it. I know for sure that my league wouldn't want to bother with salary caps. there are 28 spots on each team's roster

starters:
1 QB
1 RB
3 RB/WR/TE
1 WR
1 TE
1 K
1 DST
1 DB/DL/LB

we're allowed to keep the whole roster for next season. there's a draft next summer and the rosters are expanded to 34, which then need to be cut down to 28 before the season starts. we call it the rookie draft since that's essentially what it is. you're also allowed some IR spots for players actually on IR. you can't have more than 28 active players on the roster though

it's our first season and I think we may have slight changes for next year