Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Software & Technology
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Search Actuarial Jobs by State @ DWSimpson.com:
AL AK AR AZ CA CO CT DE FL GA HI ID IL IN IA KS KY LA
ME MD MA MI MN MS MO MT NE NH NJ NM NY NV NC ND
OH OK OR PA RI SC SD TN TX UT VT VA WA WV WI WY

Old 08-28-2019, 01:08 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wizard of Awe View Post
I've been watching Classic on Twitch. I realized what got me off WoW. It was that when new content dropped, it was all about leveling up ASAP to do dungeons in order to get gear and just loop. Classic is all about enjoying the journey and just having fun leveling along the way, which was a lot of fun back in the day.
Yup. For a while, I was thinking of trying to rush asap to 60. Then I realized that since I can't no-life it to try to catch that first wave, and some of my friends still haven't been able to log in, I'll try to play the long game and get professions up, get my flight paths, do the quests I want to, etc. Been having a ton of fun.

Sure, it would be easier if I was one of the first tanks to hit max level so I could get the first dibs on gear, but there's really no way that will happen, so I won't stress about it.
Old 08-28-2019, 01:10 PM
CAS

I just wanna have the cash at 40 to mount up. I think I was mid 40s in vanilla before I got my mount. Def didn't get fast mount until BC.
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangaz wit Attitude View Post
Force of habit, 2pac's been typing "88" a LOT since Trump got elected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMO View Post
You ought to see the bush. It's impressive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikachu
10:53 pm: some ppl dont take advices well
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayo fan
9:45 pm: ao fan would be hot covered in mayo!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snikelfritz
if you'd like I can come visit and dress up like a girl and get in some fights
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaner3339 View Post
i think everyone needs to do this type of thing to get a dose of reality and straighten people up. it's kinda like going to the mountains and becoming a monk except it's with hundreds of potatoes and a lot of stoners with tattoos in a kitchen
Old 08-28-2019, 01:14 PM
CAS

Logged in a bit this morning before work. Since the server is setup for such a higher volume, mobs were respawning crazy fast in some areas. Made finishing some quests super quick.
Spoiler:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
i think everyone needs to do this type of thing to get a dose of reality and straighten people up. it's kinda like going to the mountains and becoming a monk except it's with hundreds of potatoes and a lot of stoners with tattoos in a kitchen
Old 08-28-2019, 01:44 PM
CAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowMotionWalter View Post
I just wanna have the cash at 40 to mount up. I think I was mid 40s in vanilla before I got my mount. Def didn't get fast mount until BC.
Old 08-29-2019, 01:23 PM
SOA

Still had severe queues last night, took 4.5 hours to login after work. People are saying the queues are getting better but hasn't been my experience at all yet.

The game is strangely therapeutic for the hour or two of game time I've played so far, but these waits are just crazy.

AO 2018 Political Bingo
Spoiler:
Old 08-29-2019, 01:36 PM
CAS

queues will get better with time. might be worse tonight through sunday night, though.
Spoiler:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-29-2019, 02:11 PM
SOA

Questions

I'm level 9 and probably getting close to being 'done' with Mulgore. It looks like I'm going to be siphoned into Barrens soon but I was told that you don't actually go there after Mulgore, and instead I should travel to Silverpine Forest (on the other side of the world) first. Is this actually what's supposed to happen? Seems like an extremely long walk/boat ride.

I'm a druid if this matters.

AO 2018 Political Bingo
Spoiler:
Old 08-29-2019, 02:19 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ito's Phlegm View Post
Questions

I'm level 9 and probably getting close to being 'done' with Mulgore. It looks like I'm going to be siphoned into Barrens soon but I was told that you don't actually go there after Mulgore, and instead I should travel to Silverpine Forest (on the other side of the world) first. Is this actually what's supposed to happen? Seems like an extremely long walk/boat ride.

I'm a druid if this matters.
Don't listen to whoever told you that. I quested in Mulgore and when I finished all the quests I was a bit past level 12. There's a chance there are some quests you didn't pick up that open up others. I looked at Joana's free 1-12 mulgore guide, and also I would try to kill every mob on my way to my destinations. Killing mobs is extremely crucial, just doing the minimum to complete quests will quickly get you into situations where you're underleveled and trying to kill mobs 1-2 levels above you for your quests, which will ruin your day.

Once I finished mulgore and did my class quest and like one other, I was around 13, did all the RFC quests, was around 14.5 by the time I started barrens. It's been a (relative) breeze so far, for a warrior that is
Old 08-29-2019, 02:27 PM
SOA

OK. Is there any reason to run dungeons for experience or are those mostly for quests?

Also, since I'm a druid I have healing spells. Should I be at a certain level (or higher) to heal groups? My experience with this is mostly limited to small groups in caves. Tanking is probably out of the question.

AO 2018 Political Bingo
Spoiler:
Old 08-29-2019, 02:38 PM
SOA

Once you hit level 10 you start getting talent points to specialize in healing, spellcasting, or shapeshifting (tank or melee damage). In classic, especially while leveling, you can get away with being flexible, but depending on which path you go your gear will differ (healing/spellcasting needing intellect/spirit, shapeshifting needing agility).

In terms of dungeons, each one has a rough range of appropriate levels. A quick google search pulled up this list:
https://vanilla-wow.fandom.com/wiki/Instances_by_level

So if you wanted to do a dungeon, say Ragefire Chasm in orgrimmar, you'd probably want to be around level 12-14 first. Dungeons give great experience, and if you have any quests that need to be done in them that's just extra experience on top. Also, the gear you get from bosses and quests are going to be better than anything you find randomly or from normal quests. The problem is that dungeons are usually pretty difficult, depending on your group's level, gear, experience/skill, and they can take a while.