Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Cyberchat > Sports > Fantasy Football Sub-Forum
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Search Actuarial Jobs by State @ DWSimpson.com:
AL AK AR AZ CA CO CT DE FL GA HI ID IL IN IA KS KY LA
ME MD MA MI MN MS MO MT NE NH NJ NM NY NV NC ND
OH OK OR PA RI SC SD TN TX UT VT VA WA WV WI WY

Old 08-07-2019, 04:58 PM

Default 2019 Fantasy Football Discussion

I have my first draft in 2 weeks. This is a redraft, 14-team 1/2 ppr snake, start 1,2,2,1,2 flex,K,D. Long and painful draft.

Saquon, McCaffery, Kamara are my top 3, but I pick 5th. My next group is:

Zeke?
David Johnson (can't be as bad as last year, right?)
Hopkins (safe pick)
Gurley (feels like he could ruin my season)

It's a LONG way back for the 24th pick, so is it RB at all costs?
Old 08-08-2019, 10:07 AM
SOA AAA

If Zeke is signed, then him. If not him, the DJ. If not them, I almost think you have to go WR. I would not take a gamble of Gurley at that point.
You're a Master of Karate
And friendship
For Everyone
Old 08-08-2019, 10:26 AM
CAS

Studying for Exam 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenman View Post
If Zeke is signed, then him. If not him, the DJ. If not them, I almost think you have to go WR. I would not take a gamble of Gurley at that point.
I 100% agree. For me Zeke and DJ would the only options. I'd go DJ if Zeke hasn't reported yet.
Old 08-08-2019, 06:32 PM
ASPPA COPA

Studying for Nothing.
Favorite beer: Massive Quantities

No one ready to jump on Le'veon Bell after a year off?
Old 08-08-2019, 11:36 PM

I'm likely going to keep Leveon in one of my leagues. I can keep 2 in a 1/2 ppr league out of ABrown, Kelce, Leveon, and Conner. I'm not afraid of drafting him at the right spot in any league. But does he crack the top 5 as a Jet?
Old 08-13-2019, 04:45 PM
SOA

I hate the 5 spot this year. I'd probably go Zeke and just hope he's there week 1. If you go this route, just grab Tony Pollard later in the draft (probably gotta reach for him a little though).
Old 08-20-2019, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rookie View Post
I have my first draft in 2 weeks. This is a redraft, 14-team 1/2 ppr snake, start 1,2,2,1,2 flex,K,D. Long and painful draft.

Saquon, McCaffery, Kamara are my top 3, but I pick 5th.
Well, due to 2 teams dropping out and 2 new ones joining, they re-did the draft order and I picked 9th. 1pt/15 yards passing. My team

QB: Winston (7), Garappolo (14)
RB: D Freeman (3), Coleman (5), Penny (6), D Singletary (9), Ito (10), Jamaal Williams (13)
WR: A Brown (2), Golladay (4), Dede W (8), Zay Jones (11), Doctson (12),
TE: Kelce (1)
KC (16)
Kicker (17)
I don't remember (15,18)
4 hour draft

Observations:
Aside from Mahomes, there are 15 mostly interchangeable QBs no matter the scoring. It seems like a total no-brainer this year to wait forever for a QB. I probably took Winston (10th QB) a round or 2 early (could have taken Ekeler instead).

Large tiers of RBs also, due to platoon systems and unknown team situations. Tried to go best available instead of forcing a position. Did not force Mixon/Cook/Chubb at #9. Gurley went 23rd. Depending on league scoring, there is a legitimate strategy of waiting for RB this year if you pick near the end of the 1st round.

TE is weak/subjective after the top 3 (or 5). Plenty to go around late in the draft if you don't grab a good one early.
Old 08-21-2019, 01:55 PM
CAS AAA

Favorite beer: Beer-Sheva

Quote:

Saquon, McCaffery, Kamara are my top 3, but I pick 5th. My next group is:

Zeke?
Landed the #1 pick - which one would you recommend for non-PPR?

As a Giants fan I'd be thrilled about having Saquon, but tough to pass up McCaffery after he was money for me last season. Besides, will the Giants offense be good enough to make Saquon a reliable pick?
Old 08-21-2019, 02:18 PM
CAS

Studying for Prostate exam
College: Hard Knocks

Quote:
Observations:
Aside from Mahomes, there are 15 mostly interchangeable QBs no matter the scoring. It seems like a total no-brainer this year to wait forever for a QB. I probably took Winston (10th QB) a round or 2 early (could have taken Ekeler instead).

Large tiers of RBs also, due to platoon systems and unknown team situations. Tried to go best available instead of forcing a position. Did not force Mixon/Cook/Chubb at #9. Gurley went 23rd. Depending on league scoring, there is a legitimate strategy of waiting for RB this year if you pick near the end of the 1st round.

TE is weak/subjective after the top 3 (or 5). Plenty to go around late in the draft if you don't grab a good one early.
I'm pretty much on board with this. Both my leagues this year are auction, and I'm planning to spend most of my $budget on WR and RB.

Completely agree on QB. If you get "stuck" with QB10-16 there's not much falloff at all relative to the guys going earlier.

I will consider spending on a top RB. I will not spend big money on Zeke or Gordon unless there is favorable contract news on either before the draft.

I'm going to wait on TE. There's a good argument for taking one of the top couple guys but I'll probably let someone else spend there unless I think I'm getting a relative deal.
Old 08-21-2019, 02:42 PM
CAS AAA

Favorite beer: Beer-Sheva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Itas View Post
I'm pretty much on board with this. Both my leagues this year are auction, and I'm planning to spend most of my $budget on WR and RB.

Completely agree on QB. If you get "stuck" with QB10-16 there's not much falloff at all relative to the guys going earlier.

I will consider spending on a top RB. I will not spend big money on Zeke or Gordon unless there is favorable contract news on either before the draft.

I'm going to wait on TE. There's a good argument for taking one of the top couple guys but I'll probably let someone else spend there unless I think I'm getting a relative deal.
I learned the hard way years ago that picking a QB early is a waste. Rivers/Cousins did a solid job for me last year, rarely lit up the scoreboard and even had a few flops (including last year's playoffs), but the points I got from drafting RB/WR's in the earlier rounds gave me the big games I needed.

I rarely picked a top TE - been pretty decent at finding sleepers in the later rounds or even off waivers, as I did with Kittle/OJ last year and Engram the year before.