Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Cyberchat > Non-Actuarial Topics > TV Shows, Movies, Books, etc
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

DW Simpson Global Actuarial & Analytics Recruitment
Download our Actuarial Salary Survey
now with state-by-state salary information!

Old 06-14-2018, 04:07 PM

I thought they would make Madison into a Rick Grimes like character. It would have been pretty cool to see a female leader able to take on the really awful people in the walking dead universe and remain at the top, unlike Jadis or The Senator.

Eventually they have to kill Rick Grimes imo.
Old 06-14-2018, 04:28 PM
SOA AAA

Studying for None!!!
College: U of Chief Illiniwek

Quote:
Originally Posted by tometom View Post
have you ever walked around a baseball stadium? there are entrances and doors usually all around it.

Here's an example:
Spoiler:

there are multiple front gates and you can see a door on the lower right that I'm assuming would take going down some stairs and a tunnel to get to. here's the picture of the other side:

Spoiler:

gate on that backside too. and i think that looks like a loading dock or something on the bottom left of this picture. Should have been a lot of ways for Madison to get out, but clearly that wasn't important to the writers.
Yes, I'm just saying it's plausible that they barricaded all the entrances to not allow things in, thus barricading themselves in. In the world of TWD it's not the least plausible thing the writers have asked us to believe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralTso View Post
oh wow. epeddy's advice is incredible.
The story of my life: It's not that I'm in denial of being a nerd. It's that everyone else is in denial of how incredibly cool I am.
Old 06-14-2018, 10:16 PM
SOA

Favorite beer: KCCO Gold Lager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
You know, I just assumed she'd pop up alive when the season picked up again in August, but the showrunners have confirmed her as dead.

So now we are just left with Alicia and Strand from the original group, with Daniel likely still out there someplace. Oh, and I've always thought that Chris would turn up again at some point but probably not given that those he annoyed the most are now dead.
They’ve long since confirmed Chris is dead
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Right View Post
I thought they would make Madison into a Rick Grimes like character. It would have been pretty cool to see a female leader able to take on the really awful people in the walking dead universe and remain at the top, unlike Jadis or The Senator.

Eventually they have to kill Rick Grimes imo.
Rick is out in the coming season, it’s been announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawl316 View Post
I like playing with myself
Old 06-15-2018, 02:31 PM

Studying for CAS ∞

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabe Actuary View Post
They’ve long since confirmed Chris is dead
Oh, I know that. It's just that when somebody dies off-screen (and with no major "trusted" characters to witness it), I always figure there is a chance that we might see them again.

Old 08-20-2018, 01:53 PM
SOA AAA

Studying for None!!!
College: U of Chief Illiniwek

Pretty good episode again last night. A little far fetched with the storm blowing around zombies and whatnot, but I liked the "zombie apocalypse" material of them holing up in that house, boarding up windows, etc. Love it when this series goes back to the zombies being the bad guys and not psycho people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralTso View Post
oh wow. epeddy's advice is incredible.
The story of my life: It's not that I'm in denial of being a nerd. It's that everyone else is in denial of how incredibly cool I am.
Old 06-03-2019, 10:17 AM
CAS

Thoroughly enjoyed last night's episode. Matt Frewer as a villain? Please and thank you.
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangaz wit Attitude View Post
Force of habit, 2pac's been typing "88" a LOT since Trump got elected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMO View Post
You ought to see the bush. It's impressive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikachu
10:53 pm: some ppl dont take advices well
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayo fan
9:45 pm: ao fan would be hot covered in mayo!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snikelfritz
if you'd like I can come visit and dress up like a girl and get in some fights
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaner3339 View Post
i think everyone needs to do this type of thing to get a dose of reality and straighten people up. it's kinda like going to the mountains and becoming a monk except it's with hundreds of potatoes and a lot of stoners with tattoos in a kitchen
Old 06-03-2019, 11:15 AM
CAS AAA

Favorite beer: Homebrew

yep, agree. don't forget about whomever took Althea at the end. that seems like it could make for an interesting storyline.

i'm more curious about how they have had 0 success helping people. seemed like they had plenty of room and food. how could you not get anyone to join you? Did they actually mention how long it had been since the last season end?
Old 06-03-2019, 11:22 AM
CAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tometom View Post
yep, agree. don't forget about whomever took Althea at the end. that seems like it could make for an interesting storyline.

i'm more curious about how they have had 0 success helping people. seemed like they had plenty of room and food. how could you not get anyone to join you? Did they actually mention how long it had been since the last season end?
I feel like Dory said something about doing this for a year, but he could very well have just said awhile.
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangaz wit Attitude View Post
Force of habit, 2pac's been typing "88" a LOT since Trump got elected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMO View Post
You ought to see the bush. It's impressive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikachu
10:53 pm: some ppl dont take advices well
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayo fan
9:45 pm: ao fan would be hot covered in mayo!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snikelfritz
if you'd like I can come visit and dress up like a girl and get in some fights
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaner3339 View Post
i think everyone needs to do this type of thing to get a dose of reality and straighten people up. it's kinda like going to the mountains and becoming a monk except it's with hundreds of potatoes and a lot of stoners with tattoos in a kitchen
Old 09-22-2019, 08:16 PM

So, not sure anybody cares about this show any more, and particularly about my updates as I watch it, but whatever.

I stopped watching after S1. Just recently was killing time and caught a few episodes of S5 (I think?) - the latest. Can't really follow it, don't know where the timeline is, where they are, how did Dwight and Morgan get here, etc. But enjoyed what I saw, looks like there's some interesting storylines with some people, particularly Strand, the woman making videos, and another guy whose name I didn't get - good guy, pretty good-looking, a bit of a comic book character that is pulled from an old west movie or something, that guy.

So, set DVR to capture old episodes and have worked through S2 over the last few days, along with reading comments here on S2 - which gets up to page 32/41 ITT, so that tells me how popular the show has become I guess - there's 9 pages on the last 3 seasons. Anyway, mostly agree that the S2 writing is pretty bad. Finding hard to follow the disparate plotlines, that are only loosely connected (would help if I remembered S1 probably - I watched it over four years ago). Also, I really don't care whether any of these people live or die; the exception being a handful of young people that I really want to die. Actually, while I was writing this, one just died - yay! Maddie and Travis's son, Chris (?) - they didn't show it but some other guys were like "Yeah, we had an accident on the road and had to kill him".

Anyway, hopefully AMC puts S3 on this week and I can capture it. It's not on Netflix is it? I think I checked and it's not. Or Amazon or HBO. I don't have Hulu.
Old 09-22-2019, 08:44 PM
CAS AAA

Favorite beer: Homebrew

I'm still watching and up to date. Just been too busy. The whole discussion on TWD in general has gone down because I don't think there is a ton to talk about anymore.

Fear has definitely gotten better imo.