Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Exams - Please Limit Discussion to Exam-Related Topics > SoA > FAC, APC and PEC discussion forum
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Upload your resume securely at https://www.dwsimpson.com
to be contacted when new jobs meet your skills and objectives.

FAC, APC and PEC discussion forum Fellowship Admissions Course, Associateship Professionalism Course, and Practice Education Course Discussion Forum

Old 07-28-2017, 12:32 PM
SOA

College: UNL; GSU
Default APC registration deadline?

I know there is no fixed date but does anyone know usually how long before the APC day itself that the registration would close? Aiming to get to the Dec 15 APC in SD but my schedule says I'll only submit IA at the end of Sept. Assuming that I would get my results back in mid/late Nov, is it too late to register for the Dec APC/would the registration likely be closed by then?
Old 07-30-2017, 12:18 AM
SOA AAA

Studying for SI module

I'm in the same boat as you. I don't know if there's a reliable timing trend that you can follow for these APCs, other than the February/March ones fill up super quickly since it can take a while for SOA to release the schedule at the beginning of the year (Feb 2017 filled up in less than a week).

Registration for the one in Chicago on 7/31 opened up early March and filled up within about a month. Registration for the ones in Boston (8/25 & 8/25), NYC (9/15), and Chicago (10/13) opened up towards the end of April. Not sure when Boston and NYC filled up, but Chicago is still open. I'm hoping the one in San Diego won't fill up that quickly since it's sort of close to the holidays. I've heard they'll add you to a waitlist if you've at least submitted the module requirements, even if they haven't been graded/MMRed yet, so I'm still going to try to register as soon as I submit my IA in early/mid September.

Also, based on other threads, it seems grading parties tend to happen in March and September, so you might want to try to push to submit your IA earlier in September if your schedule allows.
Old 07-31-2017, 10:43 PM
SOA

College: UNL; GSU

Really useful information, thanks for the tip CrispyCobb!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrispyCobb View Post
I'm in the same boat as you. I don't know if there's a reliable timing trend that you can follow for these APCs, other than the February/March ones fill up super quickly since it can take a while for SOA to release the schedule at the beginning of the year (Feb 2017 filled up in less than a week).

Registration for the one in Chicago on 7/31 opened up early March and filled up within about a month. Registration for the ones in Boston (8/25 & 8/25), NYC (9/15), and Chicago (10/13) opened up towards the end of April. Not sure when Boston and NYC filled up, but Chicago is still open. I'm hoping the one in San Diego won't fill up that quickly since it's sort of close to the holidays. I've heard they'll add you to a waitlist if you've at least submitted the module requirements, even if they haven't been graded/MMRed yet, so I'm still going to try to register as soon as I submit my IA in early/mid September.

Also, based on other threads, it seems grading parties tend to happen in March and September, so you might want to try to push to submit your IA earlier in September if your schedule allows.

Tags
apc, asa, fap, soa