Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Software & Technology
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Not looking for a job? Tell us about your ideal job,
and we'll only contact you when it opens up.
https://www.dwsimpson.com/register

Old 05-28-2014, 05:59 PM
CAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancran1220 View Post
So you can play this from tablets? It is free to download, yeah?

Probably should at least learn about it... and give it a shot. I think my dad would probably like this.

If it is available from tablets, what about I-phone?
Yes, it's free on the tablet. It's not available for smart phones and I don't think they've announced any development for that yet.

You'll be able to pick it up quick if you've played Magic: The Gathering before.
Old 05-28-2014, 06:02 PM
CAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. John Zoidberg View Post
My friend is crushing it with zoo. Miracle Rogue is a huge pain in the ass, too. Goddamn Leeroy.
Both of these are tough if they get their early game going. I play Miracle Rogue and it's awesome when you power up a Questing Adventurer and then stealth him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronus View Post
F**king Leeroy pisses me off every time. I'm still mainly using my old hunter deck from before they nerfed unleash the hounds. It's not as good as it was but I've been playing pretty casually since then or doing arena so it's been fine. I should try out a new main deck soon.
Unleash the hounds is still pretty strong in hunter decks. I feel like every Hunter I face gets Buzzard + Unleash + Timber Wolf by turn 6. I try not to have more than 2 minions out when I fight a hunter.
Old 05-29-2014, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillgreen View Post
Unleash the hounds is still pretty strong in hunter decks. I feel like every Hunter I face gets Buzzard + Unleash + Timber Wolf by turn 6. I try not to have more than 2 minions out when I fight a hunter.
Yeah it still works well enough that I haven't had to change my deck but from an optimization standpoint I probably should.

I haven't played the Warlock much, maybe if I have time this weekend I'll check to see if I have some of the key cards I need to try a zoo deck.
Old 07-24-2014, 04:46 PM

Just downloaded this last night. Seems very interesting. Enjoyed playing the prologue and unlocking a few characters last night. Will do more this weekend.
Old 07-25-2014, 08:24 AM
Meme-ber                         Meme-ber
CAS

Favorite beer: Allagash Curieux

Haven't had time to play lately. How's Naxxramas?

Old 07-25-2014, 09:21 AM
CAS

Studying for Jazz Piano
Favorite beer: Founders Dirty Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abelian Grape View Post
Haven't had time to play lately. How's Naxxramas?
unlocking new cards is very easy, they have 'heroic' challenges that will give you some more entertainment if you like theorycrafting / trying to beat AIs with stupidly OP hero powers.
Old 07-25-2014, 10:05 AM
Meme-ber                         Meme-ber
CAS

Favorite beer: Allagash Curieux
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by OddSox View Post
unlocking new cards is very easy, they have 'heroic' challenges that will give you some more entertainment if you like theorycrafting / trying to beat AIs with stupidly OP hero powers.
I played only one game, the first enemy on whatever the easiest difficulty is. I got destroyed as Rogue

I have all of the basic cards unlocked but have almost little to no dust or any fancy cards.

Any tips on beating the dude who summons 3/1 creatures?

Old 07-25-2014, 10:19 AM
CAS

Studying for Jazz Piano
Favorite beer: Founders Dirty Bastard

Quote:
I played only one game, the first enemy on whatever the easiest difficulty is. I got destroyed as Rogue

I have all of the basic cards unlocked but have almost little to no dust or any fancy cards.

ah, fair enough, I've played for a while and have a decent amount of cards. still, many of the most powerful cards are the basics so you should be able to win these. try a mage deck maybe? arcane explosion and their hero power are both great against 1 toughness guys.

also, just keep at it, the games go quickly and sometimes they'll just have a great draw and you won't. that will flip eventually.
Old 07-25-2014, 01:19 PM
CAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by radoaos View Post
Just downloaded this last night. Seems very interesting. Enjoyed playing the prologue and unlocking a few characters last night. Will do more this weekend.
Enjoy! It's a nice fun game and each game is short so it's easy to fit in a busy day.

This week is the launch of the Nax expansion. If you enjoyed the prologue, you may enjoy that content as well (it's very similar).

I do recommend unlocking all the basic cards first though. It lets you get a basic feel for each hero.
Old 07-25-2014, 01:23 PM
CAS

Quote:

The Mage's power can negate that ability. The basic set also includes a cheap AoE ability (Arcane explosion) that can take out a few of them.

I generally find that the AI's early game is slightly better but you will do better mid-late game if you put strong cards in your deck.

Some people have beaten heroic using basic-only cards. That may require some patience. However, it should be viable to do in normal mode.

And finally, the class challenges put everyone in equal footing since you use a fixed deck.