Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Life
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Old 03-29-2020, 03:39 PM
CAS SOA

Default GGY AXIS

Hi everyone,

I'm just starting out with GGY AXIS, and I'm wondering if it's possible to create a table of statutory reserves by policy. In other words, I'm trying to create a table with 2 columns: one that has all the seriatim records and the next one has the corresponding reserves.

I know it's possible to do so using a query or multiple queries but I can't figure out how,

Can someone help me out?
Old 03-30-2020, 04:36 PM
SOA

Studying for Nothing!
Favorite beer: Blue Moon Belgian White

The fastest way would be to create a Report (click on ''View'' near the top-left of your screen, then choose ''Report'' and then ''Seriatim Summary Report''). Once you're on that screen, right-click to create a new Report, and then transfer whichever fields (in your case, stat reserves) you want from the left column to the right column (you may need to search using the drop-down menu of the left column).

Once you have the Report created, you need to create a ''CY Projections Recalculation'' batch if you don't have one already. In that batch, on the step that says ''Reports'' you have to choose this new report that you created and indicate where you want the report saved (external file or some other place where you can locate it). After that, once you run the batch, the report should have the reserves per policy.

If you want to do this using a query, you have to have two tables: the policy information datalink table, and a remote table containing reserves. Then you have to join the two tables (like in Access) using a common variable (which is PolicyID). Then inside the query you have to choose to output just the PolicyID and stat reserves. I find that inefficient cause the remote table already contains the reserves per policy.
Old 03-30-2020, 09:55 PM
CAS SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiens Fan View Post
The fastest way would be to create a Report (click on ''View'' near the top-left of your screen, then choose ''Report'' and then ''Seriatim Summary Report''). Once you're on that screen, right-click to create a new Report, and then transfer whichever fields (in your case, stat reserves) you want from the left column to the right column (you may need to search using the drop-down menu of the left column).

Once you have the Report created, you need to create a ''CY Projections Recalculation'' batch if you don't have one already. In that batch, on the step that says ''Reports'' you have to choose this new report that you created and indicate where you want the report saved (external file or some other place where you can locate it). After that, once you run the batch, the report should have the reserves per policy.

If you want to do this using a query, you have to have two tables: the policy information datalink table, and a remote table containing reserves. Then you have to join the two tables (like in Access) using a common variable (which is PolicyID). Then inside the query you have to choose to output just the PolicyID and stat reserves. I find that inefficient cause the remote table already contains the reserves per policy.
You, sir, are a life saver. Thank you