Actuarial Outpost
 
Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Exams - Please Limit Discussion to Exam-Related Topics > SoA > Modules 1-5
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions


Upload your resume securely at https://www.dwsimpson.com
to be contacted when our jobs meet your skills and objectives.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #51  
Old 01-15-2020, 01:54 PM
Seasplash Seasplash is offline
Member
CAS SOA
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Arlington, VA
Studying for MLC
College: Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
Posts: 431
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD1212 View Post
how does the grading time frame work? I swear I read that they were going to be more granular in terms of when to expect your grade/ feedback. Sounded like for the old FAP, timing for your grades was pretty luck based.
I read somewhere that it should take 3 weeks.
__________________
P FM MFE C LTAM
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 01-17-2020, 09:38 AM
MarkovChains MarkovChains is offline
Member
SOA
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 95
Default

Did anyone complete any EOM yet? How much time does it take to complete one? Do you need to read the whole slides?
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 01-17-2020, 07:08 PM
Seasplash Seasplash is offline
Member
CAS SOA
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Arlington, VA
Studying for MLC
College: Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
Posts: 431
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkovChains View Post
Did anyone complete any EOM yet? How much time does it take to complete one? Do you need to read the whole slides?
Why do I have this feeling we're all just waiting for that one person to say they did an EOM assessment before we attempt it ourselves.
__________________
P FM MFE C LTAM
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 01-17-2020, 07:37 PM
MarkovChains MarkovChains is offline
Member
SOA
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 95
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasplash View Post
Why do I have this feeling we're all just waiting for that one person to say they did an EOM assessment before we attempt it ourselves.
Lol
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 01-17-2020, 07:47 PM
ao fan's Avatar
ao fan ao fan is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: hating the ao
Studying for EA-2L
Posts: 109,652
Blog Entries: 1
Default

i'm curious how this goes. watching on the sidelines for someone to comment. i'm curious if this is going to be better than the one huge blob of IA that I was given a month for. stressful month.

the old EOM's sucked though, and they got rid of those as they were before entirely, so it can't be worse overall i'm thinking.
__________________
Be prepared to be overwhelmed by cuteness!!!!
Spoiler:
awesome, crazy, badass maltese (compliments of booger):
Spoiler:
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 01-17-2020, 08:32 PM
PokemonMaster PokemonMaster is offline
Member
SOA
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
College: Alma Mater - Georiga Southern
Posts: 44
Default

I have actually just finished the EOM Assesment for module 1( Going to submit it tomorrow after editing my report).

Honestly, everything asked is reasonable and straightforward. I probably spent around 6 hours in total working on it.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 01-18-2020, 09:50 AM
MarkovChains MarkovChains is offline
Member
SOA
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 95
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonMaster View Post
I have actually just finished the EOM Assesment for module 1( Going to submit it tomorrow after editing my report).

Honestly, everything asked is reasonable and straightforward. I probably spent around 6 hours in total working on it.
Good to hear. Were the slides helpful at some point?
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 01-18-2020, 05:22 PM
JackTTT JackTTT is offline
Member
SOA
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Columbus, OH
Studying for PA
College: The Ohio State University
Posts: 60
Default

How long from purchase do the EOMs become available? I got the modules at the beginning of the week then paid for the EOMs on Friday morning. I have the first module completed and I still don't see the assessment...
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 01-18-2020, 05:53 PM
JackTTT JackTTT is offline
Member
SOA
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Columbus, OH
Studying for PA
College: The Ohio State University
Posts: 60
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTTT View Post
How long from purchase do the EOMs become available? I got the modules at the beginning of the week then paid for the EOMs on Friday morning. I have the first module completed and I still don't see the assessment...
Now I reread the FAQs to see that the EOMs must be purchased prior to completing Module 1... Welp now I'm not so happy...
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 01-18-2020, 06:57 PM
IacceptTheTerms IacceptTheTerms is offline
Member
SOA
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 158
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTTT View Post
Now I reread the FAQs to see that the EOMs must be purchased prior to completing Module 1... Welp now I'm not so happy...
Yeah I don't really understand why it is like that.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
*PLEASE NOTE: Posts are not checked for accuracy, and do not
represent the views of the Actuarial Outpost or its sponsors.
Page generated in 0.18067 seconds with 9 queries