Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Exams - Please Limit Discussion to Exam-Related Topics > SoA/CAS Preliminary Exams > MFE
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Old 05-01-2008, 12:30 PM

Studying for GHSpecialty
Default MFE PAK

This may be a little early to start thinking about this, but who is up for doing the PAK.

This may sound lame, but I'd like to nominate Colby, since his study guide has been a huge help in my studying. Plus, since he wasn't able to register, this will enable him to not miss out on all the exam excitement and give him one more opportunity to contribute.

What do you say Colby, are you our guy?
Old 05-01-2008, 12:34 PM
CAS

Studying for CAS 8

Please please????
Old 05-01-2008, 11:38 PM
Note Contributor
CAS

Studying for Exam 4 & Corp Finance VEE

I think he's planning a wedding and getting married very soon....although maybe I"m wrong on that.
Old 05-02-2008, 10:17 AM

Studying for GHSpecialty

If you don't want Colby, you can nominate someone else. I also admire Fractl since he's taking both MFE and MLC and studying about 40 hours a week. Since he's already running 2 marathons, certainly he'd be up for a 50 yard dash at the end handling the PAK.
Obviously though, Colby is my first choice. He's been such a big presence here on the outpost; always offering quality help and guidence towards the exam, and is a regular guy to boot. This just seems like a natural calling for Colby.

Last edited by quintus_ch; 05-02-2008 at 10:58 AM..
Old 05-02-2008, 10:38 AM

i recall colby getting married after the exam date..
If not colby, i would nominate Actiger.
Old 05-02-2008, 05:14 PM
Note Contributor
CAS

Studying for Exam 4 & Corp Finance VEE

I have no problems with Colby, but maybe you don't realize how much has to happen the last few weeks before a wedding. It's rather insane. I only brought it up because he might not really have the time to do it is all.
Old 05-02-2008, 05:39 PM
The Spocker

colby's not even taking the exam! PAK's are a lot of work. i'm pretty greedy and would never volunteer to do one.

how about we nominate whoever started this thread?
Old 05-02-2008, 06:19 PM

Studying for GHSpecialty

I realize this is silly, but I started this thread thinking that the PAK could be an honor. I was hoping that we would all come together and nominate someone on the outpost who we felt has been the most meaningful to us. For me, it's been Colby. I love how he was bold enough to try to get MFE and MLC at the same time. I love that even though he didn't pass MFE, he still stuck with us and encouraged us along and even wrote a study guide (though he wrote that before the exam). I admire him for that; it's like there's no mountain he can't climb. Women want him and men want to be him.

Yes, the "gag" of it is that they don't win a prize, but instead are stuck doing the PAK. But that's all I was aiming for.
Old 05-06-2008, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spocker View Post
colby's not even taking the exam! PAK's are a lot of work. i'm pretty greedy and would never volunteer to do one.

how about we nominate whoever started this thread?
This is one of the most useful posts in this whole thread. Honestly, if you want a PAK, do it yourself.
Old 05-06-2008, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quintus_ch View Post
I realize this is silly, but I started this thread thinking that the PAK could be an honor. I was hoping that we would all come together and nominate someone on the outpost who we felt has been the most meaningful to us. For me, it's been Colby. I love how he was bold enough to try to get MFE and MLC at the same time. I love that even though he didn't pass MFE, he still stuck with us and encouraged us along and even wrote a study guide (though he wrote that before the exam). I admire him for that; it's like there's no mountain he can't climb. Women want him and men want to be him.

Yes, the "gag" of it is that they don't win a prize, but instead are stuck doing the PAK. But that's all I was aiming for.
How exactly is it an honor then?
I mean, I like being attractive and popular. It's, like, me, okay? So if Dr. Shar makes everyone else attractive and popular, then I'll have to be even more attractive just to keep up, and then if they, like, go back her to catch up to me, then I'll have to go back, and pretty soon it'll be like one of those vicious things! Where will it end Daria? Where will it end?