Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Cyberchat > Political Issues
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

View Poll Results: The zionists that control American policy
Will find their influence reduced 1 6.67%
Will find their influence enhanced 3 20.00%
Don't exist 6 40.00%
Are going to take this as an amusing challenge. 5 33.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-14-2008, 04:25 PM

Favorite beer: Beer?! Blech. But Dad likes Dortmunder Union.
Default Zionists have controlled American Policy for Decades

Jesse Jackson is in Evian, France, and apparently has been drinking the water.

Quote:
PREPARE for a new America: That's the message that the Rev. Jesse Jackson conveyed to participants in the first World Policy Forum, held at this French lakeside resort last week.

He promised "fundamental changes" in US foreign policy - saying America must "heal wounds" it has caused to other nations, revive its alliances and apologize for the "arrogance of the Bush administration."

The most important change would occur in the Middle East, where "decades of putting Israel's interests first" would end.

Jackson believes that, although "Zionists who have controlled American policy for decades" remain strong, they'll lose a great deal of their clout when Barack Obama enters the White House.

"Obama is about change," Jackson told me in a wide-ranging conversation. "And the change that Obama promises is not limited to what we do in America itself. It is a change of the way America looks at the world and its place in it."

Jackson warns that he isn't an Obama confidant or adviser, "just a supporter." But he adds that Obama has been "a neighbor or, better still, a member of the family." Jackson's son has been a close friend of Obama for years, and Jackson's daughter went to school with Obama's wife Michelle.

"We helped him start his career," says Jackson. "And then we were always there to help him move ahead. He is the continuation of our struggle for justice not only for the black people but also for all those who have been wronged."
apparently the days of cutting Obama's balls off are over.
When I was five years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life. -- John Lennon.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:28 PM
CAS AAA

Favorite beer: Hefewizen

Hey look, Jesse is still trying to pretend he's relevant...
Old 10-14-2008, 04:29 PM
Spazz Legend

College: Guelph
Favorite beer: Meinstrohn

OP:
Are you kidding? He may just as well be trying to sabotage Obama's campaign.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:32 PM
Non-Actuary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listeria View Post
OP:
Are you kidding? He may just as well be trying to sabotage Obama's campaign.
Economy's bad. He's just trying to protect his job.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:33 PM
SOA AAA

Favorite beer: too many to list here

jesse has like 0 credibility. with this statement, it went negative.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:35 PM
SOA AAA

The Zionists are not going to be happy with these statements.
They're not supposed to exist.
They're not supposed be controlling US foreign policy.
They don't expect to stop controlling US foreign policy.
Unhappy, indeed.

Or:
Surely, these comments were paid for by Zionists in order to rouse the rabble of zionist-friendly voters and campaign donors to vote for and give money to McCain. Ball-cutting-wannabe Jackson is just the guy to stir the pot.
DTNF's Résumé Advice: Have a good and interesting answer to every item on it for the interviews.
DTNF's Law of Job Offers: You not only have to qualify for the position, but you also have to be the best candidate available for the offer.
DTNF's Work Philosophy: I am actuary. Please insert data. -- Actuary Actuarying Rodriguez.
Twitches' Advice to Crazy Women: Please just go buy your 30 cats already.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:44 PM

Favorite beer: Piel's

I'll bet he's makin some babies over there.

He's going to leave them with a note that says "daddy says: if you only ever do one thing in life, rub someone's blood on your shirt, someone famous, and you'll make it far".
Old 10-14-2008, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Blackadder View Post
Jesse Jackson is in Evian, France, and apparently has been drinking the water.

apparently the days of cutting Obama's balls off are over.
I call bs. The NY Post? Good one. Amir Taheri is the source of that quote which is now all over the rightie blogosphere. He has a history of...uh, let's just say he has some creative writing ability. Only the NY Post would emply him.

Let's see if he has a recording of that interview where JJ allegedly said that. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure JJ probably believes that, but I doubt he would say it to a NY Post shill.

Quote:
Amir Taheri, an Iranian-born journalist, was educated in Tehran, London and Paris. [1] A "prominent Iranian journalist under the Shah", Taheri "now advocates regime change in Iran. [2]
Contents

[hide][edit]
A Faked Report on Iran

"A Colour Code for Iran's Infidels" written by Taheri, a "prominent U.S. neo-conservative" [3], was published May 19, 2006, by Canada's National Post. The story "regarding new legislation in Iran allegedly requiring Jews and other religious minorities to wear distinctive colour badges circulated around the world this weekend before it was exposed as false," Jim Lobe wrote May 22, 2006, for Inter Press Service.

"The National Post retracted the article hours after it was posted to their site, and blamed Taheri for the bad info." [4] Eleana Benador later admitted that her PR firm, Benador Associates, had planted the false story. Reporting on the controversy, Larry Cohler-Esses wrote in The Nation: [5]
Benador, who said her client [Amir Taheri] was "traveling in the Middle East," was impatient with dissections of his work. Terming accuracy with regard to Iran "a luxury," she said, "My major concern is the large picture. Is Taheri writing one or two details that are not accurate? This is a guy who is putting his life at stake." She noted that "the Iranian government has killed its opponents." Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad "says he wants to destroy Israel. He says the Holocaust never happened.... As much as being accurate is important, in the end it's important to side with what's right. What's wrong is siding with the terrorists." Taheri might seem to be one of Benador's biggest liabilities. In fact, he is right now the agency's proudest coup. On May 30--just days after the National Post's apology for running his false story on Iranian Jews--Taheri was one of a group of "Iraq experts" brought to the White House to consult with George W. Bush on the disastrous situation there. [edit]
Taheri's Reports
[edit]
Other Debunked Taheri Claims

Taheri's 1989 book, Nest of Spies, was debunked for citing "nonexistent sources," fabricating "nonexistent substance in cases where the sources existed," and distorting the facts "beyond recognition," wrote Larry Cohler-Esses in The Nation. The book described the rule and fall of the Shah in Iran. [6]

In 2005, Taheri claimed that Iran's ambassador to the United Nations, Javad Zarif, had taken part in the 1979 hostage crisis at the U.S. Embassy in Tehran. "This allegation is false," San Francisco State University professor Dwight Simpson wrote to the New York Post (which had published a Taheri column making the claim). "On November 4, 1979 [the day of the seizure], Javad Zarif was in San Francisco. He was then a graduate student in the Department of International Relations of San Francisco State University. He was my student, and he served also as my teaching assistant."
http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Amir_Taheri

Rickson: He is simply taking away from other discussions, a drain on the AO.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:17 PM
SOA

Is there anyone here that doesn't believe Zionists have controlled American foreign policy for a long time?
Old 10-14-2008, 05:30 PM

Favorite beer: Beer?! Blech. But Dad likes Dortmunder Union.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry View Post
I call bs.
Did it go through, or were you sent to voicemail?
When I was five years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life. -- John Lennon.