Actuarial Outpost
 
Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Exams - Please Limit Discussion to Exam-Related Topics > SoA > Corporate Finance and ERM (CFE) Track > ERM Exam
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions


Upload your resume securely at https://www.dwsimpson.com
to be contacted when our jobs meet your skills and objectives.


ERM Exam Old Advanced Finance and Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-31-2008, 09:50 AM
Ju Ju is offline
Member
SOA AAA
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Studying for CSP ERM
Posts: 429
Thumbs up AFE Study Manual

I figured PAK deserves his own thread.

PAK, I just want to thank you for very high quality study manual and condensed notes and sample test you put together. It is by far the best study manual of the three that are available. Reynolds and Actex don't even come close.

And thank you for all the help you gave us online!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-31-2008, 09:57 AM
PAK's Avatar
PAK PAK is offline
Eddy Chan, FSA, CERA, MAAA
SOA AAA
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Favorite beer: Saki
Posts: 3,201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ju View Post
I figured PAK deserves his own thread.

PAK, I just want to thank you for very high quality study manual and condensed notes and sample test you put together. It is by far the best study manual of the three that are available. Reynolds and Actex don't even come close.

And thank you for all the help you gave us online!
You're very welcome! It is my great honor to help you here.

Good luck to your exam result!


(Luckily, the thefts who broke into my house last week did not stole my laptop, otherwise I could not answer your questions here =)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-31-2008, 09:58 AM
moon888 moon888 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 110
Default

I also think PAK's study manual is the best. Thanks,
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-31-2008, 10:26 AM
Ju Ju is offline
Member
SOA AAA
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Studying for CSP ERM
Posts: 429
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAK View Post
You're very welcome! It is my great honor to help you here.

Good luck to your exam result!


(Luckily, the thefts who broke into my house last week did not stole my laptop, otherwise I could not answer your questions here =)
I am sorry.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-31-2008, 10:31 AM
Google's Avatar
Google Google is offline
Member
SOA AAA
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Dallas
Studying for Not studying for AFE
Posts: 304
Default Pak is the man

I agree 100% that Pak's manual is the best manual that I have ever used. I didn't sit for this October exam, but will be for the May exam.

Now I have to wait to see how much the sylabus changed for '09, and what will Pak charge for updating the notes
__________________
I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by fleeing the scene of the accident
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-31-2008, 02:36 PM
CarolynC CarolynC is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 33
Default

Excellent Study Manual Pak. It really helped.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-31-2008, 11:24 PM
sn4cktr4y sn4cktr4y is offline
Member
SOA AAA
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 50
Default

I sat for AFE in May and got both Reynolds and Actex and PAK's manual was leaps and bounds better than those. I would absolutely recommend it to anyone sitting. I'm hoping that it put me over the top.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-31-2008, 11:37 PM
mlschop's Avatar
mlschop mlschop is offline
Member
SOA
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 36,418
Default

This is really good news, as I - most likely - will be taking AFE for a 2nd time in the Spring.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-01-2008, 11:56 AM
campbell's Avatar
campbell campbell is offline
Mary Pat Campbell
SOA AAA
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NY
Studying for duolingo and coursera
Favorite beer: Murphy's Irish Stout
Posts: 83,773
Blog Entries: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlschop View Post
This is really good news, as I - most likely - will be taking AFE for a 2nd time in the Spring.
Just a reminder, the syllabus is changing quite a bit.

The SOA site is updating the education/exam area on Nov. 12, and the Spring 2009 info should be up then.
__________________
It's STUMP

LinkedIn Profile
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-03-2008, 09:23 AM
PAK's Avatar
PAK PAK is offline
Eddy Chan, FSA, CERA, MAAA
SOA AAA
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Favorite beer: Saki
Posts: 3,201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sn4cktr4y View Post
I sat for AFE in May and got both Reynolds and Actex and PAK's manual was leaps and bounds better than those. I would absolutely recommend it to anyone sitting. I'm hoping that it put me over the top.
Thanks for everybody's support!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
eddy chan, pak study manual

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
*PLEASE NOTE: Posts are not checked for accuracy, and do not
represent the views of the Actuarial Outpost or its sponsors.
Page generated in 0.39332 seconds with 7 queries