Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Exams - Please Limit Discussion to Exam-Related Topics > SoA > EA Exams
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Old 08-24-2009, 03:08 PM

Default Old EA-2A Examinations

I have put together a couple of files that may help in reviewing old exams for the 2009 EA-2A exam. The files are available at the Actuarial Study Materials (ASM) website (www.studymanuals.com), and I have included the specific links for these files here.

The first file is a listing of pre-2007 EA-2A exam questions that either are no longer valid (due to law changes, or possibly that they are now tested on a different exam) or have more limited applicability. The link to this file is http://www.studymanuals.com/errata/E...de_8-23-09.pdf. I believe that this list is complete, although it is possible that there are other questions from pre-2007 exams that may be obsolete at this point in time.

The second file consists of modifications to my solutions to the 2007 and 2008 EA-2A exams that would have been impacted by PPA technical corrections, had they been in effect at the time the exam was given. This file will make the most sense if you have my detailed solutions, but should also make some sense if you have Rick's solutions, some other solutions, or are just working the exams on your own. The link to this file is http://www.studymanuals.com/errata/e...ns_8-23-09.pdf. Keep in mind that both of these exams were given BEFORE technical corrections became final, so the Joint Board official solutions are still correct for those exams. However, my modifications would apply if those exact same questions were given on this year's (2009) exam.
Old 08-24-2009, 03:27 PM

Studying for Nothing

Thank you so much. And may I say, that I'm so happy with your study guide and the amount of questions included in it.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:49 AM

Wow - thanks Dave, this is so so helpful!!
Old 10-17-2009, 10:42 AM
SOA AAA

How are people approaching these older exams? Of course, I'm going to work the 2007 and 2008 exams, but I'm wondering how beneficial it would be to go farther back.