Actuarial Analyst I
Share our pride. Join our mission.
As a Fortune 200 financial services company with more than $113.5 billion in owned and managed assets, USAA is on a mission — to facilitate the financial security of our members, the men and women of the U.S. military and their families worldwide. Headquartered on a showcase campus in San Antonio, TX, USAA attributes its long-standing success to its most valuable resource, our 22,000 employees. They are the heart and soul of our member-service culture.
Recently Ranked #1 by Business Week in Customer Service,we are recognized for the superior service we provide to our members, and the exemplary work environment we provide for our employees. Everything that happens at USAA is based on our core values: Service, Loyalty, Honesty, and Integrity. These are the foundations of how we do business with our members, as well as how we treat each other.
We are currently seeking a talented Actuarial Analyst I for our San Antonio, TX facility.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
• Coordinates, prepares and performs actuarial analyses required to develop new products, project future results, reprice existing products, and/or determine financial strength. Under minimal supervision, performs moderately complex work assignments and problem resolution.
• Acquires and applies maturing knowledge of the business, its products, and processes.
• Utilizes actuarial modeling software driven models for pricing, valuation, and/or risk management. Enters data and tables, runs models, and generates reports. May make adjustments and improvements to models, when appropriate.
• Maintains proper price level, price structure, data availability and other requirements to achieve profitability and competitive goals.
• Identifies critical experience areas to monitor and suggest timely remedies to correct or prevent unfavorable trends. Identifies sources of gain and loss by product and assumption.
• Tests pricing assumptions and the appropriate premiums, interests margins, reserves, and cash values for new products.
• Resolve issues and identifies appropriate issues for escalation.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (6 years).
• 2+ years analytical work experience.
• 1+ years actuarial experience.
• Basic knowledge of actuarial technique and procedures.
• Basic knowledge of data analysis tools.
• Basic knowledge of industry data sources.
• 3+ Society of Actuaries exams completed.
• 1-2 years experience pricing fixed deferred annuities, immediate annuities, and structured settlements.
• Experience with Prophet modeling software.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job. as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including business casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Do not apply via this website. Interested candidates must submit resumes online via the USAA career center at www.usaa.com in order to be considered for this position. Please be sure to reference job number 12453.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.