Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Exams - Please Limit Discussion to Exam-Related Topics > CAS > CAS Exams > Exam 6 CANADA (old Part 7C)
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

DW Simpson International Actuarial Jobs
Canada  Asia  Australia  Bermuda  Latin America  Europe

Old 10-27-2017, 12:36 PM
CAS

Favorite beer: Mead actually
Default A shout out to BattleActs

Just want to give a quick shout out to Dr. Gersdorff for his BattleActs. It helped me quite a bit in preparing for the exam. The battlebriefing was an awesome tool to help me focus on the more important paper to study on. Also, about that 30% limit on LOC for the MCT reinsurance was covered in his exercise. I know I wouldn't have known it if I didn't worked on his sample question.
Old 12-11-2017, 04:00 PM

Definitely agree with this post. Happy to see a positive result today. Had a few attempts without this interface and I found that BattleActs really helped tie things together. They have a sound approach, and I am very thankful to have had the opportunity to be part of the Beta testing run. Thanks Graham!
Old 12-12-2017, 01:32 PM
CAS

Favorite beer: Mead actually

Yep, no returning beta tester here.
Old 12-12-2017, 06:39 PM
CAS

Another non-returning beta tester here! Was waiting for my results to come in before posting anything, but would also like to give my praise for BattleActs.

Not only do they fill a huge gap in the market for 6C study materials, but they offer an innovative approach to structuring, studying and retaining the mountain of material for exam 6. Thanks Graham and Eva!
Old 12-24-2017, 02:28 PM
CAS SOA

Studying for enlightenment

how much will this thing cost in January? I plan to sign up.
Old 12-30-2017, 03:13 PM
CAS

College: University of Toronto (B.Sc.), Emory University (Ph.D.)

Hey, BattleActs is up & running. Go to https://www.battleacts.ca for details. Good luck studyding!
Old 05-06-2018, 09:56 AM
CAS

College: Alumni

I too would like to give a shout out to BattleActs and its creators! The study tool helped me not only cover the material adequately and focus on what maters most, but also, I feel I acquired a good grasp of the overall picture and how the various readings link to each other.

I never would have been able to be this prepared on my own, nor was I anywhere close to being this prepared my first time around while using Actex. (I don't mean this as a personal attack to Actex-makers. Simply stating a fact; and one that I'm not the only one who experienced it.)

Moreover, its set-up enabled me to remain motivated and disciplined throughout the entire process. I actually enjoyed studying for this exam thanks to BattleActs!
Old 06-20-2018, 09:30 AM
CAS

College: Alumni

I took Ecam 6C Fall 2017. I failed with a 2. The amount of material felt insurmountable especially how the MCT information was set up in the raw material. I felt like it would have taken me a couple of tries to pass this beast.

After falling upon Battle Acts, it changed my attitude towards this exam. I never felt so prepared for an exam. You feel confident that you aren't wasting your time with questions as Graham really guides you through which problems are important and which aren't. After taking the exam, I felt confident that I did everything I could to slay the beast.

I retook the exam for Spring 2018. I obviously passed. Great feeling.

Use this product, you won't regret it.
LC