Exam Committee: Reloaded
While nobody can truly replace Mr. Penguin properly, I hereby volunteer to moderate the next Exam Committee game. Unlike Mr. Penguin's previous aspiring replacement, I promise not to antagonize the Poker Posse and get myself banned. Having played both sides now, I also promise to be impartial, favoring neither EC nor the students.
THE GAME IS OVER. URYSOHN WINS!
Vote for your favorite Death Scene.
Deadline is Wednesday, April 6th, 11:59 pm Eastern time.
Write a death scene for the mole! Win loot from Mathshirts.com!
Deadline is Wednesday, April 6th, 11:59 pm Eastern time.
2 students remain.
17 innocent ghosts.
3 Exposed members of the Exam Committee.
1 Dead Mole (finally!)
Participants this game:
All Clear -- lynched by the students; exposed as EC
Asynchronous -- executed by the EC
Butters -- executed by the EC
Charlie Brown -- lynched by the students
EB -- lynched by the students
J.T. -- haunted by the ghosts
Jables -- executed by the EC
Kenshiro -- haunted by the ghosts
Last Train to Skaville -- haunted by the ghosts
lawfi5h -- executed by the EC
Leela -- executed by the EC
Macroman -- lynched by the students; exposed as EC
Mulan -- lynched by the students
Red Sox Fan -- haunted by the ghosts
snafu -- haunted by the ghosts
Spidurman -- lynched by the students
Tim>< -- lynched by the students
Travis -- lynched by the students
Ultimate Anyone? -- executed by the EC
Werewolf -- lynched by the students; exposed as EC
Once upon a time the students of the Rebel Outpost Actuarial Society were waiting on the results of their last exam. Unbeknownst to them, the exam committee had been hijacked by a band of students desperate to keep the other students from obtaining their FROAS. This band, not content with merely changing grade reports, set out to execute the remaining students. In an effort to protect their future and the honor of the FROAS designation, the students will attempt to unmask and lynch the members of the ersatz exam committee.
Here are the ground rules:
- I will randomly select the members of the Exam Committee (EC).
- The members of the Exam Committee will know who else is on the Exam Committee. The number of the EC will remain unknown to the students.
- The Exam Committee will each be given access to a shared Exam Committee ID.
- The game begins with the death scene of the first victim executed by the Exam Committee. This person does not enter the ghost forum and may not haunt.
- With the exception of the Exam Committee ID and the initial death scene, no participant may participate in this thread under more than one Acutarial Outpost (RF) ID.
- Note that in the past this game has generated game-related discussion of possible alts of the players. Realize that by playing this game you are subject to speculation as to whether you are an alt.
- After each EC execution, the students discuss who might be on the Committee, and publicly vote for who to lynch. Once a majority of the living students (which includes the Committee) votes for a particular student, he or she is lynched.
- Votes may be cast beginning after each EC execution. Voting is as follows: use BOLD to highlight votes and vote changes. Don't use bold for anything else. This is so I can try to follow the vote counts. If you change your vote, Unvoting your previous vote is strongly recommended to remain in the moderator's good graces.
- After each lynching, EC may perform another execution. However, EC is required to post at least 25 words of substantive text on the Actuarial Outpost under the EC ID between each of their executions. Whether or not EC's text is substantive is determined at the discretion of the moderator and is subject to appeal to the Supreme Court of the United States, if they will grant certiorari.
- Between lynchings, eligible ghosts may haunt someone by posting "Haunt:[player]". Any student haunted by a majority of eligible ghosts (at least 4) dies of fright. Ghosts may cast one haunt after each lynching and may not change their haunt once cast. A completed lynching voids any previous haunts cast.
- After each lynching, EC will have approximately 2 business days to complete their next execution. Note that they must post sufficient text under the EC ID between each of their executions.
- After each EC execution, the students will have approximately 4 business days to complete their next lynching. If the ghosts intend to perform a haunting, it must also be completed within this time.
- If the EC or the students fail to perform an execution/lynching by their deadline, they forfeit their turn.
GHOSTS -- FREEDOMS AND RESTRICTIONS
- Upon death, a student is expected to post a death scene, with an indication of whether they are a student, an EC with more EC remaining, or the last EC. It is strongly urged that this death scene be entertaining. This game will be as fun as the players choose to make it.
- Upon death, innocent students become eligible to cast haunts.
- Upon death, innocent students enter the ghost forum. They may freely post there.
- Upon death, innocent students are no longer allowed to send or receive PMs to/from living students.
- Upon death, innocent students may continue to post publicly, subject to adherence to honor system intent which will be posted on the ghost forum. Consequences for abuse of this privilege will likewise be posted on the ghost forum.
- Upon death, EC do not enter the ghost forum and are not eligible to haunt. However, they may continue to post publicly and send/receive PMs without restriction.
- As a point of game ethics, it is forbidden for spectators to relay any information between students and ghosts. Other than this, spectators are not bound by any game rules. Players and/or ghosts may exchange PMs with spectators at their own risk.
- Players and/or ghosts may assign proxies at any time. Proxies are assigned by publicly posting who one's proxy is assigned to and for what duration. A proxy may be cancelled by its creator at any time by so posting. Living students may only give proxies to other living students; ghosts may only give proxies to other ghosts. No person may exercise the proxy of more than one other person at a time.
- Students are allowed to develop whatever methods of communication to the ghosts (i.e. codes) they wish. However, all such messages must be sent by PM (to eligible recipients) or by creating a new post in the game thread. Codes or messages may not be sent by posting in other threads or on other forums, by editing earlier posts, etc.
- Ghosts may communicate to students only by use of their posted haunts. All other posts by ghosts shall not convey any ghost knowledge or be designed to influence student choice of lynchings in any way.
- Ghosts are specifically allowed to use font sizes 1-7 in their haunts for whatever purpose they see fit. Use of other characteristics such as different font colors or font types (arial, impact, tahoma, etc.) is encouraged but may not be used for any purpose other than aesthetics.
- Students may not act upon RF information that is not intended to be viewable from their own RF ID. Specifically, this prohibits "password swaps" as well as the unauthorized viewing of information under the EC ID, the ghost forum, or under another player's ID, regardless of whether such access was offered willingly or was obtained by other means. It is, however, specifically permitted to forward any game-related PMs you receive to another.
- The game moderator may remove any player at any time if they are banned from the RF, or if they are violating game rules. If so, it will not be announced whether the player was EC or not.
- The game moderator reserves the right to create, cancel, or modify game rules in the event of unforseen circumstances, or if he deems that a loophole is being exploited to the detriment of the game.
- The students win if they manage to kill off all the members of the Exam Committee
- The EC wins if the students fail to do this. Note that a deadlock is therefore considered an EC victory.
- A prize shall be awarded to a member of the winning team as follows:
- Living students and ghosts may win by being the first vote to be counted against the final EC lynched or haunted. (For example, ghost A haunts X, student B votes X, student C votes X, student B unvotes X… X is killed and is the last EC. Ghost A wins if the ghosts kill X. Student C wins if the students kill X.)
- An EC may win by being the surviving EC with the lowest lifetime vote total (only the final student and ghost vote each round will count). Tie will be broken by longest period from the end without a vote.
- There will also be a prize at the end of the game for the best death scene, as determined by a vote of all participants at the end of the game.
Sign up here in this thread.
Sign-ups close Tuesday Feb 15th at 11:59 p.m.
Game to begin on Wednesday Feb 16th.
I am 95% confident.
Last edited by 4sigma; 04-04-2005 at 04:30 AM..