Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Cyberchat > Political Issues
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

D.W. Simpson and Company -- Actuary Salary Surveys
Pension, Life, Health and Investment Actuarial Jobs
Property and Casualty Actuarial Jobs   Registration Form

Old 09-23-2005, 10:27 AM
CAS AAA

Studying for Nothing!!!!
College: Lehigh University Alum
Favorite beer: Yuengling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titania
Nonsense. The skirt I'm wearing today is purple. That's a fact.
That's only a 'fact' if white light is the light that is being reflected off the skirt.

"I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is now controlled by its system of credit. We are no longer a government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men." -- Woodrow Wilson

It doesn't matter who you vote for, the government always gets in. -- Elizabeth May

???? Jan 20: Freedom for the Bill of Rights

1 2
Old 09-23-2005, 10:27 AM

Quote:

Ari Fleischer characterized WMD in Iraq as having the same level of certainty as the color of my skirt.

He was either lying, or mistaken. In no way was his statement true, however.

Purple could change. Perhaps it will be consider mauve to someone else. Maybe under different light.
Old 10-12-2005, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Helen, go ahead.

Q I read that the President is seeking a regime change in Syria. Does he plan to widen the war in the Middle East? And just how does he -- what right would he have to unseat anybody in another country without provocation?

MR. McCLELLAN: Well, I don't know what you're reading, but it doesn't seem like it's an accurate reflection of our policy.

Q The Financial Times.

MR. McCLELLAN: I don't think it's an accurate reflection of our policy.

Q Are you denying --

MR. McCLELLAN: The President talked about our concerns when it comes to Syria earlier today --

Q I know. I'm asking you specifically --

MR. McCLELLAN: -- and he expressed what our view is.

Q -- is he seeking a regime change in Syria?

MR. McCLELLAN: There's no change in our policy toward Syria.

Q Whatever that is.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/relea...0051012-1.html
Old 10-14-2005, 05:59 PM

Quote:
And that's all I have to begin with, so I'll be glad to go to your questions.

Q Scott, the departure of David Safavian from the Office of Management and Budget would seem to indicate that this administration has no tolerance for employees who face indictments. Is that an accurate assumption?

MR. McCLELLAN: I appreciate your question and I think you're asking that in the context of some of the current events, and I'm not going to even jump in to try to speculate on those matters.
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/relea...0051014-4.html
Old 10-14-2005, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Q Given the time that Karl Rove would need to spend preparing for the testimony he delivered today and the hours that he spent at the courthouse today, how does that kind of absence and that kind of additional assignment for him affect the work that's going on here?

MR. McCLELLAN: Well, there are a lot of important priorities that we're focused on here at the White House. We are a nation at war. The President is continuing to lead the effort to win the war on terrorism. We are focused on the priorities of the American people. The White House has a lot of work going on, and we remain focused on that work.

We are working to spread freedom abroad, we're working to spread opportunity at home. The Iraqi people are moving forward on a constitutional referendum tomorrow. We're doing all we can to support them as they show, by their courage and determination, that they are going to defy the terrorists.

We are working to get much-needed assistance to people in the Gulf Coast region who are recovering from the two hurricanes that hit there. We're helping people get back up on their feet and rebuild their lives and rebuild their communities.

We're working with Congress on a number of important priorities. Congress is moving forward on a budget. We're working to make sure that budget meets our priorities, but that it exercises spending restraint elsewhere so that we're cutting unnecessary spending.

We're working to keep our economy growing strong. It has been growing strong, and that's important, particularly with some of the devastation that hit a part of our country.

We're working to move forward on the Patriot Act renewal. The Patriot Act has provided important tools to our law enforcement officers to help disrupt attacks from happening here at home. And it's important that we get that renewed, and Congress is moving forward on that.

We're working to move forward on a national preparedness plan for avian flu. There are a lot of important priorities we got going on right now, and there is a great White House staff that is focused on those priorities and doing their work.
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/relea...0051014-4.html
Attached Images

Old 10-17-2005, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry
Nah, just the ones that post stupid comments around here. In general I have great respect for immigrants. The ones that think they know more about American history and freedom are the ones that I question.
Harry calling people stupid.

We're finally back on topic.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:32 AM

Quote:

Ari Fleischer characterized WMD in Iraq as having the same level of certainty as the color of my skirt.

He was either lying, or mistaken. In no way was his statement true, however.
Big deal, he was wrong. So was your UN loving baffoon. Suck it up and admit you had no choice but to have someone dead wrong about Iraq in office.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Fly
Harry calling people stupid.

We're finally back on topic.
Your link doesn't show me calling anyone stupid. Super Fly showing his reading comprehension problems. Same old story.

Rickson: He is simply taking away from other discussions, a drain on the AO.
Old 12-06-2005, 06:45 PM

This is a good one:

Quote:
Q Scott, you very graciously answered seven questions from two reporters, and I have a mere three-part question. First, at the National Christmas Tree lighting last week the President said, "Each year we gather here to celebrate the season of hope and joy, and to remember the story of one humble life that lifted the sights of humanity. Santa, thanks for coming." And the question: Will the President apologize to Christians offended by his referring to Jesus as Santa?

MR. McCLELLAN: The President meant exactly what he said, Les.
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/relea...0051206-3.html
Old 12-06-2005, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin 8
Please be careful this Halloween when driving through neighborhoods if you see any kids wearing a Harriet Miers mask, since you won't know if the kid is going to go left or go right.

Missed this before. Good one.