Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Cyberchat > Non-Actuarial Topics
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Fill in a brief DW Simpson Registration Form
to be contacted when our jobs meet your criteria.

Old 12-21-2006, 08:27 AM
SOA AAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneGirl View Post
I'm annoyed by that new song "Fergulicious". Not only is the song itself annoying, but what really annoys me is the fact that throughout the song they misspell the word "tasty". Bad spelling annoys me!
OMG, I just heard this song for the first time on the radio the other night. I never would have known what it was if I hadn't read this post. What an awful song (if you could call it that) - how in the hell does stuff like that get released and aired when there's so much good stuff that never makes it onto the radio. And the lyrics... "working on my fitness, he's my witness" ... how can you not be completely embarrassed as a songwriter to pen those kind of lyrics?

Last edited by MG; 12-21-2006 at 08:40 AM..
Old 12-21-2006, 08:34 AM
Tybo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneGirl View Post
I'm annoyed by that new song "Fergulicious". Not only is the song itself annoying, but what really annoys me is the fact that throughout the song they misspell the word "tasty". Bad spelling annoys me!
OMG, I just heard this song for the first time on the radio the other night. I never would have known what it was if I hadn't read this post. What an awful song (if you could call it that) - how in the hell does stuff like that get released and aired when there's so much good stuff that never makes it onto the radio. And the lyrics... "working on my fitness, he's my witness" ... how can you not be competely embarrassed as a songwriter to pen those kind of lyrics?
I still maintain that Fergie is one of the worst things to happen to music, she's ruined the Black Eyed Peas, and she's making millions of peoples ears bleed from her terrible "music." And she's a butter face.
Old 12-21-2006, 09:31 AM

The word "Happyness" in the title has been taken from the misspelling of "Fun Joy Happyness" on a mural children have painted on the Chinatown daycare center where Chris Gardner takes his son, Christopher. When Chris points out the mistake, Mrs. Chu replies that it is not important to the pre-schoolers how the word is spelled, only that they have happiness.

from wikipedia

OK, now I really have to get back to work. My post counts going up too fast.
Old 12-21-2006, 09:34 AM
SOA

Why can't clothes sizes be consistent?! Trendy places run "small" and value places (i.e. Target) run "large." Why can't a L be a L, and an XL be an XL everywhere?

And guys pants sizes are no better! Yesterday I put on a pair of pants, and they were a little snug (after wearing them for 12 straight hours, they were down right irritating). Today I put on pants that are labelled TWO INCHES SMALLER than yesterday's, and they fit fine (with room to spare)! I bought both at the same time (so one's not more "worn in" than the other), different brands though.

what gives?!?

Old 12-21-2006, 09:38 AM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardi View Post
The word "Happyness" in the title has been taken from the misspelling of "Fun Joy Happyness" on a mural children have painted on the Chinatown daycare center where Chris Gardner takes his son, Christopher. When Chris points out the mistake, Mrs. Chu replies that it is not important to the pre-schoolers how the word is spelled, only that they have happiness.

from wikipedia

OK, now I really have to get back to work. My post counts going up too fast.
One of the more amusing scenes comes from the mispelling

Spoiler:
someone spray painted f*** near the "Fun Joy Happyness" sign. Will Smith complains while walking his kid to daycare: (ad libbing here)

chris: you know that happyness is spelled with an i and the sign is wrong.
Christopher (son): Yes. is f*** spelled wrong too?
chris: no. heh, no it's not. You shouldn't say that. That's for adults to say when they angry...and for...uh...other things.

Old 12-21-2006, 12:43 PM
2010 Winner2011 Winner
SOA

Studying for NOTHING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlschop View Post
Why can't clothes sizes be consistent?! Trendy places run "small" and value places (i.e. Target) run "large." Why can't a L be a L, and an XL be an XL everywhere?

And guys pants sizes are no better! Yesterday I put on a pair of pants, and they were a little snug (after wearing them for 12 straight hours, they were down right irritating). Today I put on pants that are labelled TWO INCHES SMALLER than yesterday's, and they fit fine (with room to spare)! I bought both at the same time (so one's not more "worn in" than the other), different brands though.

what gives?!?
I agree! I own pants in 4 different sizes (all different brands) and they all fit me perfectly.
Old 01-09-2007, 01:41 PM
SOA AAA

Today's annoyances:

Recruiters who continue to mispronounce my company's name, even after I've said it during our conversation.

People who leave the door open while meeting in conference rooms that are located close to other people's cubicles, especially when someone in the meeting is on teleconference. People talk a lot louder in meetings than they do if they're just having a normal conversation somewhere else. Close the door already! I don't need to hear your jibber-jabber while I'm trying to work.
Old 01-26-2007, 01:50 PM

Co-"workers" who just stand around, making no attempt whatsoever to hide the fact that 1) they are not working, and 2) they don't care how obvious it is that they're not working. Now I'm as guilty as the rest of us of slacking here at there to talk to people or whatever (I'm on here -- case in point), but those who spend upwards of fifteen minutes at a time, multiple times a day, just slouching around drive me nuts. This woman down the hall is leaning on a 4ft filing cabinet with her head resting on her folded arms, yacking to some other loser who's doing the same thing. Stupids.
Old 01-26-2007, 02:27 PM
CAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pencil Pusher View Post
Co-"workers" who just stand around, making no attempt whatsoever to hide the fact that 1) they are not working, and 2) they don't care how obvious it is that they're not working. Now I'm as guilty as the rest of us of slacking here at there to talk to people or whatever (I'm on here -- case in point), but those who spend upwards of fifteen minutes at a time, multiple times a day, just slouching around drive me nuts. This woman down the hall is leaning on a 4ft filing cabinet with her head resting on her folded arms, yacking to some other loser who's doing the same thing. Stupids.
Here we call these people smokers.
Old 01-26-2007, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by llcooljabe View Post
Here we call these people smokers.
Here we call those people "me".