Home Forums CAS Exams CAS Leadership and the Failure of 2020 Exams Reply To: CAS Leadership and the Failure of 2020 Exams

Bananas88
Participant

Just so I understand what you’re saying correctly, do you mean that it wouldn’t be significantly beneficial for a candidate to have notes on the RBC formula for exam 6, the ODP bootstrapping process for 7, or the formula for the Meyers-Reid method of capital allocation for exam 9, stashed on a formula sheet in another room?

The sitting I passed exam 7, I lost points on a question because I got Siewert and Sahasrabudhe mixed up. That’s something that a candidate wouldn’t get mixed up if they had flashcards stashed away. That’s why I don’t think it’s fair to have some candidates take their exams at Pearson, while others take their exams at home.

In terms of people telling coworkers what’s on the exam, I think it’ll be better in future sittings if and when they have a problem bank, since lower levels seem to do fine with avoiding significant cheating, but for now…hopefully the CAS looks has something built into the exam to give a sense of who may have cheated, or at what scores people who took the exam on the first day got, compared to those who took it on the last day, but there doesn’t seem to be anything airtight that they can do.

That being said, I still think they should do what they can to at least try to keep testing conditions as comparable as possible for all candidates.