Home Forums CAS Exams Fall 2020 CAS Exam 9 Progress Thread

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Abomb7894
    Participant

In case the old thread doesn’t come back, we’re coming up on our sitting!

I’m sitting Nov 19th at 8:00 AM. Taking the 2018 practice exam later today.

Ready for this sitting to be over!

drichard34
      Participant

What a time for actuarial outpost to experience issues. Could really use some collaboration in a sitting like this 🙁

My sitting is 12/7…really worried about a statewide lockdown. Fingers crossed!

drichard34
        Participant

What is everyone taking away from the Kreps spreadsheet?

Given the pattern of recent exam sittings having a question on the supplemental materials, it feels like there will surely be a question on this.

TryhardActuary
          Participant

Which manual or study aid did you guys use? Is this going to have a syllabus change for spring 2021?

Thanks

Bananas88
            Participant

Source material (which was more readable than 7/8), TIA (decent), Rising Fellow/Casual Fellow Cookbook+Problem Pack.

I wouldn’t recommend any of those alone, but together they made a good combination.

TryhardActuary
              Participant

Thanks. If I could get one paid study aid, what would you recommend? I’m leaning TIA.

Tigger0209
                Participant

A

Tigger0209
                  Participant

Any idea if CAS is still monitoring this forum. It would be nice to get some precision on Q1 exam release date. Are they targeting Jan or March? How can we adequately prepare if we have to write again?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.