Home Forums SOA Exams FAP EOM Assessment 6

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Leland Hunt
    Participant

I just found out I failed this EOM Assessment for a second time.

I know we can’t talk specifics, but I’m just curious, did anyone else have a hard time with this one? Or am I alone?

The grader feedback isn’t very helpful either, 4 of the 5 sentences were the same from the last grader feedback, even though I changed things quite a bit on my second try using the first grader feedback.

I’m not sure how I’m gonna pass this thing.

Mostly just a venting post, I really wish they had just left the FAP modules as they were before, with one Interim Assessment and one Final Assessment. I find these 7 EOM Assessments quite grueling and ambiguous.

h364wang
      Participant

Hey, just want to let you know that you are not alone. I just learned that i failed it. I had no problem with all the other modules but this one really got me. I’m surprised that i can’t pass it the first try. Could someone who passed this one talk about what’s the important thing to do to pass this one? The questions are so vague. I guess no excel calculation to assist the BS part can be hard lol

Manson You
        Participant

totally agree! the feedback provided is like an automatic system reply and does not provide useful advice for our improvement. I don’t think it is a good practice for learning.

act
          Participant

i submitted mine a 2 days ago and i am attempting module 7 now. anyone else doing EOM 7 now ??

fan1024
            Participant

totally agree with all the comments above. i failed EOMA6 for the first time and my second attempt submitted 2 weeks ago is still grade pending.
              in my opinion, the EOMA6 is the most confusing one among all the 7 EOMAs.
              if i pass EOMA6 this time, i will share some my experience to help the guys with the same trouble.

katelynshula
              Participant

I also failed EMA6, just got results yesterday. Only one I’ve failed so far, waiting for results for EMA7. Not surprised I did not pass, I had a really hard time with it and agree it was very vague. Planning on doing FA and then circling back to retry EMA6 in a couple of weeks.

Tyke
                Participant

Can I ask when did you submit EOM 6? waiting it for more than 3 weeks and didn’t hear anything..

fan1024
                  Participant

submitted on Feb,28th. no reply up to now.

katelynshula
                    Participant

I submitted mine 2/21 and got my results last Friday, 3/18. That’s about how long each one has typically taken I think.

h364wang
                      Participant

I waited for a month for the result. Be patient my friend. 🙂 They can be slowwwww

fan1024
                        Participant

I failed for the first time and finally passed for the second time. That’s really a hard time for me.

Here are some work I did that may be useful:
                          1. Make the structure very clear with headlines of different levels. Underlines and font bold can also help.
                          2. IMAGINE that you have built a model with EXCEL. Open the model attached to the case studies in Model 6 and find some inspiration. Describe the specific inputs, assumptions, the calculating logic of the imagined model, and imagine using the model under possible realistic situations to show your thoughts and considerations.

Joesohy LIN
                          Participant

You are not alone, I have the same problem. And I am trying to redo EMA 6.

avocado
                            Participant

I find the case studies (especially the last 2) of this module difficult to understand. Is the EOM as complicated as the case studies?

Akbar Malik
                              Participant

Same, I just need to pass EoM6 to complete FAP right now. Really confused on how to actually answer the second question in particular. A little bit too general in my opinion

Vito Corleone
                                Participant

Small question, do we will have an Excel file for the EMA6, or there will be only a PDF file ?

AnnChen
                                  Participant

I failed this one twice and are really confused on how to answer the questions….

Is there any general study group that we can discuss on this?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 18 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.