Home Forums CAS Exams Spring 2021 Exam 8

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Loki
    Participant

Looking into study materials.  Is TIA the only option with videos?  I really liked CF/RF for Exam 7 but doesn’t look like they have an exam 8 study package yet.

examhater
      Participant

Any recommendations for the online course options for exam 8? Thanks!

drichard34
        Participant

I used TIA + the Rising Fellow Cookbook for 8 and would very highly recommend both.

Josh (TIA instructor for 8) is a great instructor. Very responsive and has a very good teaching style with good examples.

PeachMelba
          Participant

Has anyone used Mahler for exam 8? I used Mahler for C and MAS-I, but not higher level exams.

Aaron Sass
            Participant

Hi all, I have a question about the ICRLL approximation.

I’m using the exam 8 TIA manual that’s a few years old (I failed this exam a couple of times). The manual states that in the “near future (planned for 2019)…the ICRLL procedure will no longer be needed.”

Does anyone know if this is still in the syllabus (i.e. does the newest version of the TIA manual still teach this approximation)? I’m unable to find a definitive answer from the CAS official syllabus.

PeachMelba
              Participant

Yes, it’s still covered by the TIA manual.

Dante
                Participant

Does anyone know if we will be asked to make graphs in the exam? Asking because I don’t see any way you could do it in the pearsonvue spreadsheets environment. E.g. Quantile Plot etc.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.