Forum Replies Created

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • timmd
    Participant

      The proofreading advice in this post cannot be overstated. I once submitted a resume with a typo in my own designation and did not realize it until the interviewer pointed it out during the call. That moment still makes me cringe years later. The professional summary section made a real difference when I rewrote mine to focus on measurable results instead of vague descriptions. I started each bullet point with action verbs and included specific numbers, which led to more interview requests than my previous generic version. The point about skipping hobbies is valid too, unless they directly relate to analytical work. One thing I would add is that keeping your LinkedIn profile in sync with your resume matters because hiring managers check both. For submitting applications, I often needed to include signed cover letters or additional documents, and I used mfax for fax online when some old-school firms still required physical signatures. The exam progress section is worth including even if you are not finished, because it shows commitment. Small formatting choices like consistent spacing and bolding job titles help recruiters scan quickly. I also recommend saving your resume as both Word and PDF versions, because some application systems handle one better than the other.

    Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)