Home Forums Property & Casualty Annual to Daily Claims Frequency

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Gaurav Shah
    Participant

Hi, I have a problem at hand.
      I want to convert annual frequency of motor claims into a daily frequency.
      So, let’s say I receive 40 claims from a exposure of 100 cars in a year. How do I convert this into a daily claim count.
      I am assuming a poisson distribution to estimate daily claim count but in all the scenarios that i am trying to generate, all the 40 claims are received in the first half of the year which is not correct.

Can anyone help me on this?

Sherwin
      Participant

Isn’t it 0.0011 claims per car day? That’s 40/100/365.

Desire_Young
        Participant

sorry, I think your choice has some problems.

annual frequency=0.4 and you may make a straightforward transformation. so the daily frequency lamda=0.4/365.

and you can calculate it. given any day, the frequency of no claim is exp(-0.4/365).

and it’s just a binomial distribution, if you want to see some claims at the second half.

at the upper half year, there is a 182 days and making a simplified assumtion that there is no more one claim at any day.

it’s a combinatorial calculation. From 182 days, you chose 39 day that reported a claim and there are 143 no claim days.

the combinatorial part is infinity.

Jhon Martin
          Participant

How do you generate a daily claim count when you have an annual frequency of motor claims?

Ike Finnell
            Participant

It is tough for me to spend money on myself since I have a family and a child. I can’t spend on myself, although I also have specific needs. It’s just challenging to allocate money for my own needs when I know that my daughter constantly needs new things as she grows by leaps and bounds. I even found additional earnings by earning free nft games that pay instantly to Paypal, which significantly improved our financial situation. I don’t know, it’s probably something psychological, because of which I can’t afford to buy something for myself. I have absolutely the same situation so that I will wait for answers from intelligent people together with you

richerd bond
              Participant

Annual to daily claims frequency converts annual insurance claims to a daily rate for better risk assessment and pricing. This involves dividing the annual claims total by 365 or 366 days. This daily frequency helps insurers understand patterns, seasonal variations, and anomalies in claims data.

For example, in a SASSA status check (South African Social Security Agency), this method helps manage daily claim volumes and inquiries efficiently.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.