Home Forums CAS Exams Fail Report Update

• This topic has 20 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by cc23.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    resact26
    Participant

Dear Candidates,

The CAS is working on producing a new fail analysis report for candidates who did not pass their exams in the Fall 2020 sitting. The new report is necessitated by our transition to computer-based testing and an advanced grading system. Our original target release date was mid-February. We regret to announce that development of this report is taking longer than anticipated, and that the release of the report will be delayed to mid-March.

We understand that candidates are eager to receive the report for its aid in preparing for their next exam, and we sincerely apologize for the delay.

In response to questions regarding the contents of the report, we are providing a sample to give candidates an understanding of the information that will be provided. That information includes:
      The Candidates Grade and Score (0-10)
      A Breakdown of the performance by syllabus section
      A percentage of total available points obtained within each syllabus section by the candidate

Candidates will be notified as soon as this report is available. The report will be accessible in the “My Exams” section of candidates’ online CAS profiles. Again, we apologize for the delay in providing this information.

Sincerely,

CAS Office

resact26
      Participant

All I have to say is LOL. That sure is helpful.

act_123
        Participant

This is pretty much what I expected.

act_123
          Participant

I am not sure how they do that exactly, because questions on the test had multiple sections embedded in each other.

Actuarialed
            Participant

What’s the next update? Mid- March has come and gone.

Jermaine_Jones
              Participant

Looks like we just got the update…

Dear Candidates,

We are following up on an email sent to you in late February about the development of a new fail analysis report that we expected to release via the “My Exams” section of your online profile in mid-March. We understand that candidates are eager to receive the report for its aid in preparing for their next exam, and we sincerely apologize for the delay.

Unfortunately, the development of the electronic version of the report is taking longer than expected, and the new targeted release date is mid-April. We know that receiving these reports is important to candidates, so we will be sending an official hard-copy version in the mail. The reports will be mailed out early next week.

Candidates will be notified as soon as this report is available online. The report will be accessible in the “My Exams” section of candidates’ online CAS profiles. Again, we apologize for the delay in providing this information.

Sincerely,

CAS Office

This is an absolute fucking joke.

“We understand that candidates are eager to receive the report for its aid in preparing for their next exam.” A lot of help it will be in “Mid-April” when there are only 2-3 weeks left before the spring exams. Let’s be honest though, “Mid-April” will no doubt turn into May 10th anyways when it will be literally no help at all. Can’t wait to hear the excuses on why the snail mail doesn’t actually make it to us either. Still trying to understand how they are able to do snail mail “early next week” but can’t get them on the website until “Mid-April” either. Also stands to make you wonder how long the ability to produce the “hard-copy version” has been available to them as well. I honestly just don’t get why they couldn’t be up front and honest in telling us that we won’t be getting fail reports for the Fall 2020 sittings.

Anyone else thinking the plan was probably to punt these so far down the line that no one had a hope of making a valid protest on the Fall 2020 sitting unless it was for obvious technical difficulties during the exam?

Tigger0209
                Participant

If this was not intentional, makes you wonder how these guys passed the exams, doesn’t it?

Olmstead
                  Participant

It is a joke, there’s no doubt about it. This was a, really slimy move

act_123
                    Participant

I received mine.  It was not helpful.

cc23
                      Participant

^came here to say this.

We wait 4 months to get a 10% range of percentile on syllabus sections that we a) do not know a point total that was on the exam, 70-79% of 2pts or of 30pts. b) have nothing to relate it to since we can not see the exam/discuss exam questions.

OddsAre
                        Participant

These Official Grade Reports they just mailed us can’t possibly be the “new fail analysis reports” they mentioned, right? Because that would be a joke.

act_123
                          Participant

They are. CAS is a very “transparent” organization.

Jermaine_Jones
                            Participant

The CAS is about as transparent as the window tint I had on one of my old cars. You know, the same car that the police would regularly pull me over in because of the tint…

cc23
                              Participant

There is no reason besides keeping grading a “blackbox” or a lack of effort, to why they could not give the exact breakdown of subtopic and points.  It would provide a practical study supplement for repeat takers, which gives no detail about the actual question.

When the more dynamic exams emerge beginning this window or next, candidates would not even have the same exam question breakdowns.  The main counterpoint is squashed by the fact candidates are not allowed to discuss the exam.  This prevents the ability for one candidate to complain they got three questions from “Section A, Difficult Paper #1” vs. their co-worker who only had one question on that topic.

cc23
                                Participant

Hard to have faith in the exam grading process when it takes 4 months to send out, they finally come and we get sent this:

Dear Exam 8 Candidate,

Unfortunately the recent exam fail analysis report you received was printed with errors. This was due to merging the data with a document pre-printed with the incorrect syllabus content. The grade information on the analysis is correct. The CAS will be mailing you an exam analysis with corrected syllabus titles, which will be in the mail by April 8 at the latest. The CAS apologizes for any confusion regarding this matter.

Sincerely,

The CAS Admissions Team

Olmstead
                                  Participant

Wtf

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 21 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.