Home Forums CAS Exams Fall 2021 Exam 5 Discussion Thread

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    actuarymelissa
    Participant

Starting 9th attempt at this exam and I registered today.

BillyPilgrim
      Participant

Can I just ask how you can keep going at this point? I respect your resilience as I am sure I would have quit 3-4 tries ago if it were me.

actuarymelissa
        Participant

I really don’t know but my husband tells me to be persistent.  I’m down to telling only our director the results from now on.  I also reduced my demographics information on the CAS site since I kind of wonder these days on how they are really grading the exams.

JENNIFER TRAN
          Participant

@actuarymelissa I admire your efforts. I read from the previous post that you use Bedford and TIA for exam 5, what would you recommend or prefer? I’m more of videos learner. Thank you

PBAnnGelly
            Participant

Jennifer, take this with a grain of salt because I’ve never used Bedford, but I just passed Exam 5 in the Spring and I used TIA – great job on videos. With that said, just doing those really won’t cut it.

I read Werner & Modlin twice and brushed up on all appendices right before the exam. Same goes for the Friedland text, and memorized the nuances between each technique and when they work best/worst.

Asad Mahmood
              Participant

If anyone needs help with their exam we have some tutors that might be able to help you.  Check us out here.  Best of luck to all.

actuarymelissa
                Participant
                Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.