Home Forums Analytics / Predictive Analytics GLMs in Commercial Property – any good reads?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Talleyrand19
    Participant

I’ve done a GLM for Auto in the past – life was easy, plenty of exposures, clear variables, and good data. But Commercial Property is a different beast; for exposures it has the whole “per TIV” thing while the TIV amount is also a variable. I get why CP is rated how it is conceptually, but modeling-wise – not sure where to start with a GLM.

Are there any good papers/reads that specifically tackle modeling and GLM rating in Commercial Property?

SamCastillo
      Participant

The exposure that you choose will make a big difference.  There are more potential variables than in life or health and so you need to use a variable selection algorithm.

Take a look at our Free Exam PA study guide at Exam PA Dot Net without spaces.  This provides a conceptional overview for GLMs.  For property, read this paper that was published by the CAS: https://contentpreview.s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/CAS+Monograph+5+-+Generalized+Linear+Models+for+Insurance+Ratemaking.pdf

Helixs Jeris
        Blocked

I need to find intelligent support with my current business sale brokers process since I struggle with some issues along the way. To run it in the most efficient way for my profits, it might be wise to consult with websiteclosers.com, enabling me to perform everything with maximum benefits eventually.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.