June 14, 2022 at 2:23 pm #10032Howard HellerParticipant
We at ActuaryExamTutor are offering The Exam IFM 5-Part Seminar Series starting Saturday, June 18th for students preparing for the July 2022 sitting. These 5 live seminars, led by the highly respected and outstanding exam instructor Dr. Geoffrey Apel, review critical exam syllabus topics in which mastering them are essential to passing Exam IFM. During the seminars, Dr. Apel will teach and demonstrate the use of many valuable problem solving techniques which will significantly advance students problem solving skills prior to their exam sitting.
The Exam IFM 5-Part Seminar Series Offers The Following:
√ Learn invaluable strategies, techniques, and shortcuts to attack and solve IFM problems the best ways
√ Gain a strong conceptual understanding of challenging IFM topics that will be critical to passing IFM
√ Bridge the gap between understanding syllabus concepts and application of concepts to solving exam problems
√ Understand essential principles behind common IFM formulas
√ Learn time-saving strategies for lengthy computations
√ Students are encouraged to ask questions during the seminars
√ All seminars recorded and available to students
Seminar 1: Essentials of Options, Forwards, and Futures (June 18th)
· Defining options is easy, but how should you think about them?
· A good system for handling complicated portfolios
· Two important additional graphs to know
· Combining Graphs – solving difficult problems quickly
· Synthetic Forwards – understanding Cash & Carry arbitrage
· Futures – how to manage it all
· Insurance strategies and hedging using options
Seminar 2: Prepaid Forwards and Option Bounds (June 19th)
· Prepaid Forwards – why so important?
· Put-Call Parity – The golden formula
· Put-Call Duality
· Currency Options
· Option Bounds – an easy way to remember them
· Option Bounds – exploiting arbitrage
· American Options – when to early exercise
Seminar 3: Advanced Options (June 25th)
· Exotic Options & their payoffs
· Risk-Neutral Pricing – what exactly is that?
· Binomial Pricing on Exotic Options
· Replicating Portfolios – Handling Arbitrage
· Replicating Portfolios for Futures Contracts
Seminar 4: Lognormal Stock Prices (June 26th)
· Normal Distribution – the properties that will change your world!
· Lognormal Problems Made Easy
· Estimating Expected Return & Volatility (given historical prices)
· Probabilities & Expected Values – Risk-neutral & true probabilities
· Risk-Neutral Pricing (revisited)
· Black-Scholes Formula – which version to always use
· Pricing Exchange & Currency Options – overcoming the common issues
Seminar 5: Greeks, Delta-Hedging, & Exotic Options (July 2nd)
· The Greeks – what are they? and what to actually know?
· Elasticity – how to work with it, and why is it so important
· Delta hedging the easy way
· Hedging Anything With Anything
· Prepaid Forwards (revisited) – the key to everything
· Exotic Options (revisited) – Forward Start, Chooser, Gap, Shout, & Rainbow
· Max, Min options
For more information and to register, please visit the link below:
‘This was my first experience using ActuaryExamTutor while preparing to sit for IFM. Dr. Apel did a phenomenal job breaking down crucial concepts and providing a different perspective on how to solve very difficult questions. The insight I gained from the live seminars prepared me even more for those challenging questions and boosted my confidence even more. I would definitely recommend this program to every actuarial student. ActuaryExamTutor has proven to me that they are a game changer in the actuarial study preparation world’ Christina A.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.