Home Forums Career Discussions Short- to medium term appointment in sub-Saharan Africa

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Michael Brewis
    Participant

I am a semi-retired actuary in Cape Town, South Africa, and am keen to do some work in sub-Saharan Africa. I am available for consulting work, particularly in my speciality, which is the design of simple (Life and Non-Life) insurance products which can have terms from a few days to years.  It needs to be added that such products, because of their low-cost nature, are best directed at large affinity groups. The customer database of a large retailer is an ideal fit for our products.

jasper max
      Participant

A short- to medium-term appointment in sub-Saharan Africa offers a unique opportunity for professional growth and cultural immersion. It allows individuals to contribute meaningfully to development initiatives while gaining firsthand experience in diverse environments. However, it’s crucial to prepare for challenges like cultural adjustments and limited resources, ensuring a positive impact during the assignment.

Attachments:
        You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.