Spring 2021 Exam Dates

Home Forums CAS Exams Spring 2021 Exam Dates

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #1270
    jrmichels
    Participant

    Does anyone know or have an educated guess of when the CAS will come out with the Spring 2021 exam schedule with specific dates?

    #1272
    erj91
    Participant

    I had to cancel my exam due to it being rescheduled. I reached out to the CAS regarding the Spring exam sitting and was told we will have more information regarding them “in the next couple of weeks”.

    #1297
    NotARobot
    Participant

    Exam dates are up: https://www.casact.org/press/index.cfm?fa=viewArticle&articleID=4889

    SPRING 2021 EXAM SCHEDULE
    MAS-I and MAS-II: April 26, 2021 – May 3, 2021
    Exams 5-9: May 3, 2021 – May 8, 2021

    FALL 2021 EXAM SCHEDULE
    MAS-I and MAS-II: October 18, 2021 – October 23, 2021
    Exams 5, 6-Canada, 6-U.S., 6-International, 8: October 23, 2021 – October 29, 2021

    Registration for Spring 2021 opens December 15. Results from Fall 2020 sitting will be released in Q1 2021.

    #1298
    saul goodman
    Participant

    Results for 2020 exams in first quarter, so candidates will have all of April to study for their exams!

    #1299
    TryhardActuary
    Participant

    I dont get why they can’t offer 5-9 in fall either now that its a CBT.

    #1300
    NotARobot
    Participant

    Results for 2020 exams in first quarter, so candidates will have all of April to study for their exams!

    I know a lot of exam programs won’t pay for you to sit for another exam until you pass the one you’re on. I wonder if we’ll see changes to that if candidates aren’t expected to get results until 1-2 months before the exams. I could see candidates who took Exam 5 this Fall wanting to take Exam 6 this Spring, then going back to Exam 5 if they failed it.

    Although given that only Exam 8 is being given in Fall 2021, that’ll be trickier for those of us on upper level exams. If you only have Exams 8 and 9 left, and you took 9 this Fall, do you take 8 this Spring and wait a whole year to take 9 again on the chance you passed? Or do you study for 9 again and take the sitting off if you passed it? Or sign up for both, study for both, and cancel 9 if you passed? There’s not really a great approach imo.

    #1301
    TryhardActuary
    Participant

    Id be disappointed if my company didn’t allow me to register and plan ahead. Adding TIA and exam fee comes close to $2000. If a company can’t handle that(+/- 675 if you fail what you just took) a couple times a year then that is a bad sign.

    #1308
    Hop-n-Hazy
    Participant

    CAS drops the ball again. How can they not offer all of the upper level exams next fall? Its almost like they are going above and beyond to keep people from getting their FCAS in a reasonable amount of time…

    #1310
    Loki
    Participant

    I’m very surprised by both: holding exams in May rather than June and that they’re going back to the old annual exam schedule next fall.  Not what I’d hoped to see, but the CAS has proven willing to change things with very little notice, so we’ll put an asterisk next to that info.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.